Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Master Modeler

Default Golden Scout certificates

On Tuesday, August 26th, the Golden Scout participation certificates will be taken to the Penrose post office to be mailed with the special postmark.

Vern and Gleda signed nearly 500 certificates, and, after Tuesday, they will be on their way to your mailbox.

I would like to personally Thank everyone for their participation in the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold 50th anniveersary celebration.

I would also like to Thank all of those who I met at NARAM as well.

Vern and gleda appreciate all of your kind words on the log.

And a special Thanks goes out to Carl, Sheryl and Bruce for making my vision a reality and for all of their very hard work to make this celebration such a huge success.

Thanks to all.....
RD
Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
German Model Rocket Builder

Hope they arrive in one piece because they have a long journey over the pond ahead of them.

Big thanks RD

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino
Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Hope they arrive in one piece because they have a long journey over the pond ahead of them.

Big thanks RD

Don't worry Leo, yours is coming via Rocket Mail..........And, the pond isn't really that big........Ha Ha

Have a great day

RD
Old 08-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Rocket buildin' machine

Just a tip for anyone who might want to protect the beauty of the envelope and the special postmark, but still get their mitts on the certificate inside--hold the envelope over a pot of boiling water to gently steam open the seal. This will preserve the envelope without any major damage.

I know, most of you are old enough to already know that trick, but any younger readers might have simply torn into the envelope to get their certificate.

--Chan Stevens
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Just a tip for anyone who might want to protect the beauty of the envelope and the special postmark, but still get their mitts on the certificate inside--hold the envelope over a pot of boiling water to gently steam open the seal. This will preserve the envelope without any major damage.

I know, most of you are old enough to already know that trick, but any younger readers might have simply torn into the envelope to get their certificate.

--Chan Stevens

Chan

From what I understand from Carl , the envelopes are easy open, maybe Carl would like to expand upon that for all of us.

As previously mentiond before by another member here, you could put both the certificate and the envelope in a frame, but, keep in mind the size of the envelope and the certificate.

Another suggestion, have individual frames, one for each, you could put your Golden Scout in the middle with the envelope on one side and the certificate on the other.

Photos are welcome of your display of your GS and the certificate.

Be looking for your certificate over the next several days.

RD
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
On Tuesday, August 26th, the Golden Scout participation certificates will be taken to the Penrose post office to be mailed with the special postmark.

Vern and Gleda signed nearly 500 certificates, and, after Tuesday, they will be on their way to your mailbox.

RD

Thanks to Vern and Glenda for signing all of those certificates! That's no small task!

Also thanks to Carl, Sheryl, Bruce and RD! This was a fantastic event!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Default Certificates ready to mail

Vern and Gleda sent photos of their magic touch to the Sky of Gold project. The final count was 516 which included 23 international flights. Lots of signing and stuffing envelopes that must have reminded them of the old days. I am sure they recognized many of the names as some of their early customers.

Our thanks to Vern, Gleda, and Betty who made NARAM-50 so memorable for us. The Golden Scout program would not have been possible without their support and total participation. Sue Luck, the Postmaster at Penrose, has also helped make possible one more special mailing from the "Model Rocket Capital of the World." I don't remember when I received my last package from 81240, but I won't forget this one!

Thanks to Ken (RD) and Diana for being there from the beginning. Ken's persistence in making sure the Estes' 50th was remembered helped crystallize what all the rest of us were wishing would happen.

Special thanks to Sheryl and Bruce. Sometimes I get carried away with ideas that seem simple in the dream state, but are much more challenging when I awake. They make me look like I know what I am doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Vern  Gleda signing GS certificates.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  69.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Gleda Stuffing envelopes.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  52.0 KB  
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Chan

From what I understand from Carl , the envelopes are easy open, maybe Carl would like to expand upon that for all of us.
They are the re-sealable type envelopes.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 AM
German Model Rocket Builder

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Vern and Gleda sent photos of their magic touch to the Sky of Gold project. The final count was 516 which included 23 international flights. Lots of signing and stuffing envelopes that must have reminded them of the old days. I am sure they recognized many of the names as some of their early customers.

Our thanks to Vern, Gleda, and Betty who made NARAM-50 so memorable for us. The Golden Scout program would not have been possible without their support and total participation. Sue Luck, the Postmaster at Penrose, has also helped make possible one more special mailing from the "Model Rocket Capital of the World." I don't remember when I received my last package from 81240, but I won't forget this one!

Thanks to Ken (RD) and Diana for being there from the beginning. Ken's persistence in making sure the Estes' 50th was remembered helped crystallize what all the rest of us were wishing would happen.

Special thanks to Sheryl and Bruce. Sometimes I get carried away with ideas that seem simple in the dream state, but are much more challenging when I awake. They make me look like I know what I am doing.

... and don't forget to thank yourself Carl. Without you and your company we wouldn't have had the hardware!

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino
Old 08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc

Thanks again Carl, and, tomorrow, all of the planning and hard work will be concluded, another milestone in model rocketry history.

The envelopes will be postmarked from Penrose with the special postmark and will be on their way.

And, I would like to Thank our International partners for their support of the Golden Scout and Sky Of Gold celebration. Photos would be appreciated.