Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 05:40 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ
The link was on ebay, looking for "Prusa I3 Mk3 diy kit 3d printer". They start at about 127 to 150.

What I learned from that is there are a LOT of companies trying to cash in on the Prusa I3 name that have printers in that price range.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Started work on smoothing out the Centuri Screaming Eagle fin can. I started with some medium grit sanding in between a few coats of laquer sanding sealer. It does not soak in like on balsa wood at all, but it does build up and fill in the little cracks from the printing process and is sandable. I am moving to fine grain and will probably spray a coat of gray primer once I get it sufficiently smoothed out. Got most of the printing artifacts smoothed out, but turns out to be just as much or more effort than sealing balsa grain. Time to put an order together for a body tube and nose cone.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:03 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenP
Does the Vanguard Eagle booster have any kind of recovery, other than tumble/ballistic? What size chute does the sustainer use? Would be interested in body tube sizes and lengths too.

It's a tumble/ballistic recovery. The chute is the standard Dr. Zooch "trash bag" chute, same as every other Dr. Zooch kit.

I'm in Indiana at the moment, so I can't do any measurements til I get back home... probably be a couple weeks at least.

Later! OL J R