Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Opinions mine; not of NAR or MOF!

Roy,

The wikipedia entry for "pay it forward" has a lot of good background, the term predates Heinlein according to that reference.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM

Smile "Pay Forward Proud" NAR Campaign to Support Rocketry History

If you have read the Nov/Dec issue of Sport Rocketry you'll know that the NAR has launched a campaign to raise money to accelerate the processing and accessibility of the G. Harry Stine Collection at The Museum of Flight. This potentially could benefit everyone on this forum who ever wanted to see what treasures resided inside the almost mythical "Stine Archive".

"Pay Forward Proud" Model Rocket History Preservation Campaign

In addition to the warm satisfying glow you'll receive from supporting your hobby and joining the "Pay Forward Proud" fraternity every donor will receive a "Pay Foward" NAR pin which you can show off to your friends, neighbors and rocket buddies. It will feature the logo some of you like so much. (not you Roy....lol)

A donation will also gain you the exclusive ability to purchase some pretty cool canvas reproductions of vintage model rocketry prints from the Golden Age of the hobby done by NAR vendor "Stretch and Staple"

This rare vintage Centuri poster was scanned by Lee Piester's daughter to support this campaign. This could be your living room!

The NAR is hoping to raise 25K by July of next year to permit that effort to begin. More information is available at:

Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterodactyl

In addition to the warm satisfying glow you'll receive from supporting your hobby and joining the "Pay Forward Proud" fraternity every donor will receive a "Pay Foward" NAR pin which you can show off to your friends, neighbors and rocket buddies. It will feature the logo some of you like so much. (not you Roy....lol)

OK, OK, OK!!! I was just afraid that was going to replace the NAR logo. As a PIN it is fine and I will be proud to wear it (see upcoming PM about something you might be interested in)!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Master Modeler

Great poster!

I'm going to have to check the finances.
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Old 11-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:

The NAR is hoping to raise 25K by July of next year to permit that effort to begin. More information is available at:

The link leads me to this sentence:

"With each donation you will be granted exclusive access to an increasing level of content based on your donation level."

So.... what level of donation grants me exclusive access to... what... exactly?
-W
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 11-17-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
The link leads me to this sentence:

"With each donation you will be granted exclusive access to an increasing level of content based on your donation level."

So.... what level of donation grants me exclusive access to... what... exactly?
-W

Wolf,

Head back to the nar.org/donate page and click on the "Preview Gallery" link, or go to Preview Gallery . That will give you a bit of a preview.

I am working on enhancing that preview function, it's admittedly too thin now. It's something the vendor was expected to do, but he's doing this work largely out of good will for the NAR so I didn't want to lean on him too much.

In the meantime, check my next post!

Pat
Old 11-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Default "Pay Forward Proud" Poster Favorites Base Level

Over the next few days I'm to post some of my favorite poster images available in the "Pay Forward Proud" campaign: More Information!

Here's a cool image of Vern Estes and Bill Simon taken back in the late 1960's with prototypes of the Sandhawk and Interceptor. Rendered in black and white to enhance that retro feel, can you imagine how cool a canvas would look signed in silver ink by those guys?

The Old Rocketeer Reunion is coming next summer......(just sayin.....)!

Old 11-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
I am working on enhancing that preview function, it's admittedly too thin now. It's something the vendor was expected to do, but he's doing this work largely out of good will for the NAR so I didn't want to lean on him too much.

Just a narrative description of what the donor levels are would suffice. You imply that there is a tiered donor level, i.e. if you give $100 you get this, but if you donate $1000 you get the big prize. Just wondering what that was. I'll donate just to support this project. The pin and the perks are nice, but aren't very important to me.
-W
Old 11-17-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
Just a narrative description of what the donor levels are would suffice. You imply that there is a tiered donor level, i.e. if you give $100 you get this, but if you donate $1000 you get the big prize. Just wondering what that was. I'll donate just to support this project. The pin and the perks are nice, but aren't very important to me.
-W

Wolf,

Purchasing a print is optional with a donation. You can donate and all you'll get is a cool pin. Pins don't take up much wall space either. All the donation money (minus small Paypal fees) goes to the NAR Historical Preservation Fund.

Generally the bigger the donation the wider the print purchase options.

Pat
Old 11-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Generally the bigger the donation the wider the print purchase options.

And you aren't yet ready to tell us what those wider options are. I get it. I still think this is a great way to stimulate fund raising at the levels needed for this project.
-W