Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2015, 09:38 PM
BAR - Novice scratch builder

Good article thanks for your efforts keeping the forum updated about eBay scammers. I posted to rocketry sales about selling my collection via an eBay store. I wanted member input and now see I will list my collection on this site rather than eBay. I enjoyed collecting, but want to pass them on to dedicated collectors.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Craftsman

Yes, Please.
Add you offerings to those of us on the forums first.
Keep those items that is close to your heart, in the hands of someone that will aprreciate them and not to profit from them.
People that can hold them as close as you do.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Regarding Mr. Wong, he may well have opened a buying account and it would not surprise me given the rep. he is developing. However, I can say that he is still most definitely buying under his original goodrocks screen name as well. In fact, as recently as today I have noticed him doing so.

I hate rules.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Craftsman

Yes, he is.
If you follow him, he uses his buying account to bid on the pristine unopened kits.
I wish I would have not deleted the items on my watch list to post the links.
I will no long delete them to further post them in the future.
I'm glad we are all aware of people like this.
Certainly, I would hate to have collection, mostly in 3's, 1 for me to build and fly once and diplay, and one each to my 2 son's when I'm gone, to end up in the hands of someone that could and would never appreciate my efforts and the true value of the kits.
The memories of childhood, and the one's that I could never get as a youngster.
I mowed yards to fly what I did back then. And it was never enough.
For someone like Goodrocks1 to his grimmy hands on my collection would make me turn over in my grave.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:20 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody's Workshop
I just have to step in here at this point.
Garry's list is a great wa for everyone to set standards by to sell, or buy.
As a collector myself, I feel that rocket kit is only worth so much to me.
However, in the past months many rocket kits have sold for a lot less than should have on ebay, while others are sold far more than they should be.
It's a shame that as a collector we have to bid against people that often buy just to double the price for resale.
Since George G. had a problem with a certain person on ebay, I took it upon myself as I had been following his actions on ebay myself.
He buys open damaged kits, replace damaged parts with new and list the opened package at or above pristine unopened packaged price.
I tried to bid on one of his offerings after I recieved his ill manered childish reply, but he obviously had blocked me from sending any more messages or bidding.
This being said, since then, he is know to be monitored by the rocket community.
Last week, a new bidder appeared. Yesterday, Goodrocks1 had the same 5 rockets up for sale at outrageous starting bids on the same rockets that was one by this new bidder.
I can only assume the Mr. Wong has opened a new account for buying only.
I do not sell on ebay, I only buy as I'm a collector.
It's a shame that we true hearted collectors have to put up with people such as this to bid against. His buying account has 5 credits to his name.
Since ebay doesn't let you see the winning bidders true ebay name, you have to follow him buy his credits. And since his buying account will never show up, you will never know it.
He is one that takes advantage of people in every way possible in the rocket community.
I will try and keep everyone updated on his buying account credit list as I see things bought and offered on his Goodrocks1 selling account.
I would urge anyone selling to reject any offers by his buying account, from Millbury, MASS.
And not to buy anything from him.
He is a menace to us collectors I hope he has to store what he buys for years to come and looses his ass when he finially sells at a reasonable price.
In the last 2 weeks, the only thing he as accepted an offer for was the one that he listes as, "Eaten by my dog". Which is the one I tried to Buy it Now for when I discovered he had blocked me. His loss, as he obviously took a lesser offer.
So I hope the Mr. Fortin does not use any of his auctions as a part of his data base as Goodrocks1 is an obviously not a collector, but a manipulater of profit.
I put him in the category with Wall Street and the Bankers that us tax payers will be paying for, for generations to come.
We must stop this evil at it's soarce before it pulls in the everyone thinking they can be like him and take advantage of us collectors.
Happy bidding all, and don't step on my Ivy while bidding.

He bought a number of Opened K Kits from me 3+ Yrs. ago incomplete, he STILL Lists Today. Made me send the missing LAINCH LUGS, etc or threatened me w/Neg feedback. Kits were listed as Incomplete. He put a Green Skill Hangtag on a yellow K Kit ! BEWARE OF ROCKS !
Old 09-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Craftsman

If you want to prevent someone from bidding on your items, here are instructions on blocking buyers:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Old 09-12-2015, 11:22 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe
If you want to prevent someone from bidding on your items, here are instructions on blocking buyers:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Yes--I figured this out back then,,, plus in my inbox ....................
Old 09-09-2020, 11:39 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I would never buy kits from goodrocks1. Should be BADrocks1.
Totally overpriced JUNK.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 09-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I would never buy kits from goodrocks1. Should be BADrocks1.
Totally overpriced JUNK.

Bad experience? I do agree about his pricing, although eBay has become a different place over the last year or two, but I have found Chris to be very personable. Of course, I am not a customer of his...

I hate rules.