Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Scale builder

I routinely put mine up on C6's and have yet to expierence any problems. Additionally I worked in just enough lift/drop on the trailing edge of the wings that I get 2 or 3 nice slow rolls on the way up. Flight path is straight as an arrow. I did, like others, dump the 2 chutes for one 18". Thinking I might do a HP 3X or 4X upscale. It is a good looking bird. FWIW
Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Old Submariner

It's been a while since I've built one, but I've buit and flown all of the Quest aeroshroud-based rockets. Surprisingly, the finless, heavily nose-weighted Delta Clipper flew the best, the HL-20 the worst. I no longer have a photo of the last HL-20 I built and had devoured by the R.E.T. in my front yard.

Also surprisingly (to me anyway) is the fact that the relatively easy to build M2Q2 is one of the hardest to finish--because ANY flaw or bad glueing job is magnified many times by the (near) chrome aeroshroud. On the M2Q2 I enrobed the fins with Ultratrim adhesive film. Yes, I wish I'd sanded them first! Aleene's Super Tacky was used on the aeroshrouds and fillets of all of these.

Hence:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  x-30 12-10 (8).JPG
Views: 94
Size:  526.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_0330 (2).JPG
Views: 79
Size:  438.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  m2q210-10 (3).JPG
Views: 90
Size:  40.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  m2q210-10.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  46.6 KB  

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Craftsman

Nice. I want to get one of those Delta Clippers and build it. Quest's scale-like rockets are fun, pretty builds.

My Rocketreviews.com Gallery
Old 06-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Craftsman

Flew the Clipper this weekend on a C6-3 in a bit of wind. It just spun a bit in the wind but straight up and both of the high quality Quest chutes deployed just fine (with lots of talc and much crinkeling.) Both the nose and body floated down in tandem and landed together not far from the pad. I just had to say that "fins on model rockets are over rated, who needs 'em, I don't, I fly Quest aeroshrouds." There is a photo on the COSROCS.org webpage in the photo section.

Like the Croc hunter used to say:"Danger - Danger - Danger" Then it was time to pull out the 3 engine cluster SR-71 for another great flight, and after that it was the Interceptor E on an E9-4 and short rod with the wind picking up again. Small and Dangerous rockets, not safe fer man nor beast! I don't care what the ROCSIM say. . . it's getting noontime and I wanna go home.