Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Mr. Cut-by-hand

Default IRIS-T scratch build (was: paint and markings info wanted)

I'm scratchbuilding a sport-scale IRIS-T over on the other forum .

UPDATE: I will post brief summaries of the build to this thread. For full details see the TRF thread. Build updates start here

I have collected a lot of pictures of it from the web, but I still have some questions on the paint job and various letterings and serno plates. This is sport-scale so I'm not demanding everything be 100% accurate, but I'd like to do the best I can within reason. Was hoping someone here might have some insights.

The paint job I'm working in a hybrid of others I've seen, but most closely modeled after this one:

Here are some questions:
  1. Would the blue IRIS-T logo be on both sides or just the one? I've never seen a picture of both sides of the same missile.
  2. Between the main fins, just in front of the aft blue stripe, there's a "WARNING" box. Anyone know what the text might be in there?
  3. Anyone have any concrete info about the various serno plates all over the missile? I have a reasonable idea about the Guidance Section plate at front (shown in some pictures); the others I'm really guessing at at the moment.

If anyone has any info about this stuff or could point me to someone else who might, I'd appreciate it. I tried posting these questions on the Finescale Modelers forum but have gotten no responses so far.

Last edited by neil_w : 03-21-2018 at 08:32 PM.