Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Old Submariner

I can relate, Steve. The vendors that REALLY frost my butt are the ones that take an irreplaceable kit and mail it in an envelope—usually so they can profit on shipping, or just because they’re lazy.

When I gig them for it I usually get the same response (if any): “ I’ve always mailed them in envelopes. This is the first time one has ever been damaged.”

Uh huh.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 01-28-2018, 10:23 AM
7/21/61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.

Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:13 AM
the middle-aged rocketeer

I am actually surprised to hear this. I recently ordered 5 MPC kits from him and they were all carefully packaged. I even left positive feedback! Apparently he has stopped caring.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:59 AM
Rocket Huckster

Once reported they will removed your comment. And if done enough you get a temporary ban. I know from experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 01-29-2018, 06:01 AM
Rocket Huckster

There are very few rocket kits that can be mailed in an envelope (if any at all). We have sold thousands of kits in over 20 years and have NEVER put one in an envelope.

Sellers have an "underground" communication system. Gus is 100% correct. We put "problem" buyers on our own BBL list. (Blocked Bidder List). So if your on mine or any other sellers BBL you can no longer buy from them. There are hundreds of sellers that swap buyer names all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Old 01-29-2018, 02:46 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
What a POS Dirtbag.
Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

Dittos.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM
7/21/61

Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DoubleBox.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  832.7 KB  
Old 02-01-2018, 11:37 AM
the middle-aged rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve

Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbectec
Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.

No, you shouldn't feel bad. You should leave feedback that's appropriate for your transaction. That's the fair thing to do.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Lifelong Rocket Scientist

What a shame. These kits are getting harder to find. I bought from him before but would think twice now.