Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 PM
SAM 0371

Default I have plans for AAA Magnum PA Crude

Which is so very classic HPR.

G to I, single to multi, built like a tank, and simple enough. Four MMTs - single 29, 3X29, 4X24, and single 38. All fit into a host mount.

Please PM for plans. You really should build one...I think it is a better rocket than the NCR Phantom 4000 or the EZI-65 (and know this -the P4000 was my first HPR and I think NCR is kick ass) . You can modernize it and make it a mainstay of your rockets "to fly".

Jason
Old 02-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Craftsman

Default Magnum PA Crude

I love the big ol' PA Crude. PM Sent!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Old Fart Rocketeer

Default I have plans for AAA Magnum PA Crude

Absolutely a classic HPR rocket! Ugly as sin but the booster section was pratically indestructible.

I got my initial Tripoli 'Class B High Power Certification' (that's before the current Level 1/2/3) with this rocket on a 29 mm H motor. I flew it on everything from a baby H to 54mm J motors. I ultimately crashed it when I tried my first HPR cluster back in the early 90s. I was fool enough to cluster 3 x F14J Black Jacks. Of course not all of them lit and I power-pranged the rocket. into a concrete street. Being the tank that it is, only the ACE nose cone and upper body tube were damaged (OK, totaled).

The many-times-repainted booster section is still on the wall in my basement, patiently waiting for a new upper section.

Buzz McD.

Avid rocketeer since 1967.
NAR 13559 / L2