Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Craftsman

Default Looking for the museum curator who posted here a few months back

Hello,

I am trying to locate the museum (Smithsonian?) who post on here a few months back. Please PM me please.

Thank you.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker01
Hello,

I am trying to locate the museum (Smithsonian?) who post on here a few months back. Please PM me please.

Thank you.

That would be pterodactyl. Here is his thread:

http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16676
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

I got this in my email this week: If you are an Alpha geek you may want to attend.

Currently a NAR event is scheduled for September 23; at the Seattle Museum of Flight. The coordinator of the event (Bernard Cawley) has asked for my assistance … due to my vast experience with Alphas to set something up; to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Alpha rocket.

In short: I have been ‘tasked’ with creating ‘display’ around the Estes Alpha rocket.

I’m currently looking at having a “two part” display:

· The first part of the display will be the history of the “Alpha” from its initial release to now; showing from how it began to what it is now.

· The second is an “Alpha family” display; with its many variations; starting with the Alpha III; to include such rockets as the Athena; Super Alpha… This is a start of the 100 or so variants that we have identified so far; which includes rockets from other companies.

I just discovered that you have (hidden deep in your web pages) a “12 inch” Alpha family rocket:

http://v-serv.com/usr/kits/alpha12.htm

I wanted to extend an invitation – to U.S. Rockets for the display in the “Alpha” family rockets; and determine if you might have anything available. This could range from sales brochures; images – I don’t want to limit, but I would need to know your level of interest. I’m now creating the layout for the display so if you have suggestions - a rapid response would be appreciated. I’ve not examined the U.S. Rockets web site in detail; so you may have other ‘Alpha’ family rockets that should be considered; I would like to know.

I believe that it would be supper cool to have a 12 inch Alpha on display (even if it is only a display model). I discovered that someone in Florida that had (has?) one; but I was not able to track them down. A recent search of “Alpha” (to use with images) turned up your website, and the link.

References that this event is genuine are available.

Sincerely,

Old 09-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
That would be pterodactyl. Here is his thread:

http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=16676

Thank you.

This is what I have to discuss with him. I have removed the personal information from the e-mail chain.

Lurker

-------------------------------------------------------

It was a pleasure speaking to you today. I have CC'ed XXXXX XXXXXX and my wife, XXXXXX XXXXXXX to this e-mail.

Here are links to a few of the 8mm movies I have had digitally converter and uploaded to youtube showing the people and the Estes property where much of the magic was made:

XXXXXXXXX has power of attorney and I have placed in my will that the model rocketry related items may go to any museum that feels that it is important enough to store.

The collections is of the following but not limited to:

Mint factory sealed kits spanning the late 1950's - 1980s. 3000 - 4000 kits from manufactures: Estes, Centrui, Cox, MRC, FSI, Enerjet, ONE HARRY STINE KIT (Booted Eagle boost glider), North Coast Rocketry, CCCP, European, South American , and small manufactures now long gone.

100s of black powder, composite motors. Black tubes, red tube, blue tubes, MMI, test motors. Scores of black powder and high power 70's motors such as Vulcan, Advances Composites, dozens of Enerjet motors sealer in factory packaging...

Launchers, early Estes wood and asbestos, Centuri, FSI, engine test stands, controllers.

Dozens of Estes and Centuri patents (originals), stickers, caps, pendents, posters

All Estes catalogs (Denver forward), Centuri 1962 forward, Enerjet, FSI, smaller manufactures
The negatives that were used in the 1950s and 1960s America Modeler and Early Estes Catalog. Hundreds of negatives.

8mm films shot my Mike Dorfler in and around the Estes properties. 8mm first ever Cineroc flight. negatives from all the magazines of the late 50's Early 60's promoting Estes. Catalog markups from the early Estes catalogs (the actual markups before they were photographed and printed for consumer catalogs.

R&D materials: 'See Through Cineroc', trade show photos, photos of Vern and Glida Estes at Estes industry, prototypes that never made it to the consumer.

Hundreds of 5.25" floppy disks containing the sketches and designs of Mike Dorfler. Mr. Dorfler's personal notes and sketches.

... and more.

I will need help going through this material. I have photos of Lee Piester and Apollo Astronauts visiting the Centrui Company during the 1960s in Phoenix AZ.

... and more.

It needs a home where ALL people not just a person like me can have access to it and enjoy it.

Thank you for your help!!!

--------------------------------------------

Nothing will be made public until until the materials finds their museum homes. NOTHING FOR SALE DON'T EVEN LET THE THOUGHT TRANSMIT ACROSS YOUR BRAIN FOR THOSE WHO ARE THINKING THINK THING THIS ! THIS IS ALL FREE FOR THE MASSES AND NOT THE GREEDY!
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Thank you for offering to share your collection with the model rocketry community, Lurker!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker01

Here are links to a few of the 8mm movies I have had digitally converter and uploaded to youtube showing the people and the Estes property where much of the magic was made:

Could you provide those Youtube links or titles to search for? Searching for Estes Industries gives me about 17,400 hits.