Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 AM
BP Mafia

Default New project - Dr. Zooch Thor

This will be my second Dr. Zooch kit, and hopefully the first one that I finish. (I REALLY need to get working on that escape tower for the Mercury Little Joe, but it's so SCARY!!! ) Anyway, the Thor arrived today, three days after I ordered it, so I'm impressed right off the bat. I didn't have much of a chance to do more than give it a quick once over tonight, (pool full of kids, so I got to make dinner for them. But the pool is clear, so I'm happy.) The instructions are done in typically snide "Zooch-speak", which I find humorous, (possibly because I have a snide side according to some. ) I doubt that I'll find time to get this in flight shape before the weekend Quark launch, but I should have it flying at NARAM.
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Knuckle Draggin' Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
This will be my second Dr. Zooch kit, and hopefully the first one that I finish. (I REALLY need to get working on that escape tower for the Mercury Little Joe, but it's so SCARY!!! ) Anyway, the Thor arrived today, three days after I ordered it, so I'm impressed right off the bat. I didn't have much of a chance to do more than give it a quick once over tonight, (pool full of kids, so I got to make dinner for them. But the pool is clear, so I'm happy.) The instructions are done in typically snide "Zooch-speak", which I find humorous, (possibly because I have a snide side according to some. ) I doubt that I'll find time to get this in flight shape before the weekend Quark launch, but I should have it flying at NARAM.
I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

It usually takes me about 20 minutes to quit chuckling/laughing before I can start building every Zooch kit I have bought. Wes's instructions are great and a good incentive to read them before you start building.

Joe W