Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Master Modeler

Default Giant ebay rocket sale update

The giant ebay sale that was posted in another thread and was pulled will be relisted on Sunday April 6th.

The seller decided to sell the items individually after receiving 45 emails to do so. The last posted amount that i saw was $3550.00. I don't know if he is making a mistake by posting them individually or not, time will tell.

Check back on eby Sunday to follow the posting, not items numbers yet.

Last edited by Rocket Doctor : 04-05-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Master Modeler

Thanks for the update RD!

I had that on my watch list just to see how high it would sell for. I was amazed that it had gotten up to over 3,500.00 and then when I went back to check it had ended so I didn't know what the heck had happened.

I'll go out on a limb and say I think he's making a mistake selling individually. I doubt he will get more than it was at when he pulled the auction selling the stuff individually, but I've been wrong before so who knows.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
Thanks for the update RD!

I had that on my watch list just to see how high it would sell for. I was amazed that it had gotten up to over 3,500.00 and then when I went back to check it had ended so I didn't know what the heck had happened.

I'll go out on a limb and say I think he's making a mistake selling individually. I doubt he will get more than it was at when he pulled the auction selling the stuff individually, but I've been wrong before so who knows.

So, sometime tomorrow you should see the listing again, but, for individual kits. And, like you said, I don't think he will get the same price as he did in a lot. Time will tell.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM
mostly harmless

Any chance you got the seller's name so we can find the auction(s)?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift
Any chance you got the seller's name so we can find the auction(s)?

2cherubs is the name and here's the auction that was pulled:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-ESTES-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

He hasn't listed anything yet and I'm wondering if he got an off-ebay offer he couldn't refuse. On the other hand it would take a ton of time to list all that stuff out individually so maybe he's just working through the details.

I believe people do sometimes pull items down and sell them off-ebay though if the price is right.

I guess time will tell.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
2cherubs is the name and here's the auction that was pulled:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-ESTES-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

He hasn't listed anything yet and I'm wondering if he got an off-ebay offer he couldn't refuse. On the other hand it would take a ton of time to list all that stuff out individually so maybe he's just working through the details.

I believe people do sometimes pull items down and sell them off-ebay though if the price is right.

I guess time will tell.

You are correct, I got an email from 2cherubs earlier telling me that he was going to relist the items starting today.

He went on to say that he received 45 emails requesting that the items be posted individually.

At the last bid price of $3550.00, I thought that was kind of high for what he was offering. No doubt, he has gotten a better offer off of ebay and that will be that, I could be wrong.
his sale.
If the items don't appear again today, or within a couple of days, we will know that he made a deal off of ebay.

Keep checking the ID of 2cherubs, I am going to email him again for more "information" about
Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
At the last bid price of $3550.00, I thought that was kind of high for what he was offering

I agree RD. I think he should have taken the money and ran! However given the eventual $3,550.00 bid price I found the Q:A below interesting. Granted this did take place before the price went off the charts...

Q: I'm sure your answer is going to be no, but would you put a buy it now on this?? I have tried to win a couple of big auctions like this, and I always loose out by a dollor or two, very frustrating. If you would consider it, please let me know what the buy it now might be.. I was thinking around 500.00 Mar-29-08
A: Hi Sorry cant do buy it now I personaly think the phantom electro launch is worth more than 500 Good luck bidding!

Now I don't know if the phantom electro launch is worth 500 or not, but I do think the entire lot was worth more than that. I found it funny for the potential buyer to suggest that the seller set a buy it now price around 500 so he could grab everything up before anyone else has a chance to bid the stuff up. Funny Stuff!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
I agree RD. I think he should have taken the money and ran! However given the eventual $3,550.00 bid price I found the Q:A below interesting. Granted this did take place before the price went off the charts...

Q: I'm sure your answer is going to be no, but would you put a buy it now on this?? I have tried to win a couple of big auctions like this, and I always loose out by a dollor or two, very frustrating. If you would consider it, please let me know what the buy it now might be.. I was thinking around 500.00 Mar-29-08
A: Hi Sorry cant do buy it now I personaly think the phantom electro launch is worth more than 500 Good luck bidding!

Now I don't know if the phantom electro launch is worth 500 or not, but I do think the entire lot was worth more than that. I found it funny for the potential buyer to suggest that the seller set a buy it now price around 500 so he could grab everything up before anyone else has a chance to bid the stuff up. Funny Stuff!

I sent 2cherubs an email asking if he was going to relist his items, no response yet. But, I would say that an off ebay deal was made.

In my opinion, I don't think the Phantom Electro Launch would be worth $500. If that was the case, i have an Electro launch in the original packaging as well as an addition batterey box.

And, if it's true that he had 45 inquiries, maybe, just maybe someone came up with mega bucks and purchased the wholde lot for well above the last bid of $3550.00, at least the $3550.00 was a sure deal.

Let's just see what happens.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

+1 to the opinion that this is already sold off ebay for some exorbitant RIDICULOUS amount of money by someone most likely will never use/enjoy ANY of it as INTENDED by the manufacturer.
Most likely they will all be "Shelf/Display Case Queens" just like most Ferraris are Garage/Trailer Queens.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
+1 to the opinion that this is already sold off ebay for some exorbitant RIDICULOUS amount of money by someone most likely will never use/enjoy ANY of it as INTENDED by the manufacturer.
Most likely they will all be "Shelf/Display Case Queens" just like most Ferraris are Garage/Trailer Queens.

I just checked his list6ings, only one iterm not related to rocketry, so, he was giving me a line when he said that he was going to relist, i sent him another inquiry yesterday asking the same question, are you going to relist, no answer, so, he maee a deal and the price had to be much higher than the last posted bid of $3550.00.