Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Incurable Model Rocketeer

Send a message via Yahoo to DeanHFox
Default Narcon 2007

Just spotted this over on TRF; crossposting it here:

"I am pleased to announce that the National Association of Rocketry has awarded the 2007 NAR Convention (NARCON 2007) to the Minnesota Amateur Spacemodelers' Association (MASA) section, to be hosted March 8-11 in Rochester, Minnesota. NARCON 2007 will include a model rocket and high-power launch in addition to the presentations and working groups that are a usual part of a NARCON. The Event Director will be Mike Erpelding, fizzbin@meltel.net, (320) 764-2319. Thanks very much to MASA and to Mike Erpelding for stepping forward to serve the NAR and its members by holding this important NAR national event.

Trip Barber
NAR 4322
NAR National Events Committee Chairman"
NAR #53946SR

---- "Wherever you go, there you are"
Old 08-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Master Modeler

The announcement was also on the NAR-Sections Yahoo Group server...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Anybody that has an email address of FIZZBIN@anything HAS to be great !

Now is a Jack on Tuesday at night good in fizzbin or bad ??

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanHFox
Just spotted this over on TRF; crossposting it here:

"I am pleased to announce that the National Association of Rocketry has awarded the 2007 NAR Convention (NARCON 2007) to the Minnesota Amateur Spacemodelers' Association (MASA) section, to be hosted March 8-11 in Rochester, Minnesota. NARCON 2007 will include a model rocket and high-power launch in addition to the presentations and working groups that are a usual part of a NARCON. The Event Director will be Mike Erpelding, fizzbin@meltel.net, (320) 764-2319. Thanks very much to MASA and to Mike Erpelding for stepping forward to serve the NAR and its members by holding this important NAR national event.

That tells me that there either were no other NARCON bids at all, or the other bids were just plain bad. The NAR usually does not hold its major events in the same region this many years in a row. This'll be the fourth year in a row that NARCON was held in the midwest.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Incurable Model Rocketeer

Send a message via Yahoo to DeanHFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
That tells me that there either were no other NARCON bids at all, or the other bids were just plain bad. The NAR usually does not hold its major events in the same region this many years in a row. This'll be the fourth year in a row that NARCON was held in the midwest.

Now, Scott...I prefer to think of it as "We gots quality folks here in da Midwest, der hey, and we're gonna do real good up dere by the lake almost".

Personally, I'm glad to see all the major NAR events in the Midwest in '07, as it gives me a chance to get my son more involved in the NAR events --- not to mention getting ME more involved, of course!
NAR #53946SR

---- "Wherever you go, there you are"
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanHFox
Now, Scott...I prefer to think of it as "We gots quality folks here in da Midwest, der hey, and we're gonna do real good up dere by the lake almost".

Personally, I'm glad to see all the major NAR events in the Midwest in '07, as it gives me a chance to get my son more involved in the NAR events --- not to mention getting ME more involved, of course!

I'm not complaining that it's in the midwest again. I guess what I'm getting at is that it seems there's a lack of willingness to run major events among NAR sections.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I'm not complaining that it's in the midwest again. I guess what I'm getting at is that it seems there's a lack of willingness to run major events among NAR sections.

Well, I personally enjoy the drive up to the midwest area. It's soooo green compared to here in the south

I'm sure Trip works with whatever bids he gets. I can tell you from experience that a national event is really tough on you and takes a great deal of resources and commitment (I was the NARCON 2001 Event Director and helped out in 2 NARAMS and 2 NSL's). I got alot of respect for anyone and anygroup that steps forward to do one of these things...

John