Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2018, 12:03 PM
7/21/61

Default skyhighhobbies - Beware

I don't normally post negative stuff about vendors but I know many of you buy and sell old rockets and I thought I should give you a heads up. I've seen the old MPC Minirocs from skyhighhobbies offered on ebay and elsewhere for years. I finally decided to buy a Minirocs Taurus -1 from him on ebay and the photos below show how it was packaged and sent.

I couldn't believe anyone selling old kits for years would actually do this, stuff a kit into an obviously too small box putting a big crease across an otherwise pristine header card. When I contacted him about it there was no apology, or offer of a solution, other than to suggest that somehow my level of expectation was too high. I asked him if he had another one and perhaps we could work something out but he said he didn't.

He told me I could return the kit for a refund (at my expense) and commented "...sorry this 45 year old kit doesnt look new."

Rather than paying $10 to return a $13 kit and being left with nothing, I decided to just leave him negative feedback (first time I've done that in almost 20 years on ebay).

His next two responses were:

"I returned the favor with feedback ;-) Don't bother bidding on my auctions again." (like I would ever buy anything from him again, LOL).

and then "turns out I had one last kit left in mint condition...just posted it." Clearly meant to show he could have easily solved the problem he caused but didn't want to.

So I thought I'd give you fellow collectors a heads up. Just not a guy worth dealing with.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_3943.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  1.25 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_3944.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  1.79 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_3945.JPG
Views: 263
Size:  1.63 MB