Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Semi-Pro Rocketeer TRA 10484 L2

Default Paul Clark's 1/12 Scale V2

I had one of these kits but had to sale it on ebay around the end of 2013. Here is the info I have on it with some pics. The last fully camo painted V2 is high detailed like is, no 100% sure it's a Paul Clark V2 but the others are. I know his airframe skins had all the hatches and and bolt detail of the real one.

SpaceCraft 1/12th scale V2 Kit specification.

The Model
The model is based on detailed study of photographs, copies of the original drawings of the V2, and observations of three V2 rockets on display in London museums. Great effort has been taken to accurately replicate the detail of the V2’s construction such as the riveting and panelling sections of the rocket.
Although it is made in totally different materials, the construction of the model is similar in principle to the real rocket, with a rigid inner frame covered by a thin outer aerodynamic skin. The main parts, Nose, Fuselage and Tail replicate the main components in the original rocket. I have made the model as light as possible and it has been satisfactorily flown on F24-4W and G35-4W motors. Because of the various sizes of motors can vary the kit will not necessarily contain the motor mount size you require and I have assumed that you will be competent enough to make the size you require. If you want to try different sized motors, build adapters that will fit in the 42mm body tube. Although it is designed to be flown the model can alternatively be built as a static model for display only. (I will be offering a kit of a replica launch stand and resin cast carbon vanes in 2004)

Dimensions of built rocket:
The built model is 117cm. (46") high and 30 cm. (11.63") span. The fuselage diameter is 13.75 cm ( 5.4") It weighs approx. 850 gms (1lb.14oz.) (Not including propellant and parachute) The final weight will depend on the amount of adhesives, fillers and paint used to complete model.

NOTE: This model is being made in small quantities and so the components will need more hand preparation than a mass produced kit. It is quite demanding to build and should only be tackled by experienced modellers. Similarly, it is not advised that you attempt to fly it unless you have previous experience and are familiar with model rocketry safety codes.

The kit components
The kit consist mainly of 5 mm (0.2”) foam board parts and clear PVC vacuum formings made from 5 micron stock. (After forming many parts are thinner than this) The fuselage spars are made of pre-cut 1/8" ply. The small panels and hatches details are formed in 2 micron PVC.
There are a lengths of 42mm (1.65”) diameter and 67mm (2.64") body tube that provide the core of the model. In addition there are card components and metal clips. The model has been divided into three main components : the Nose, the main Fuselage and the Tail section. These parts are coded N, F, and T respectively. Each is built separately and then combined for flight.
N.B. The foam board and vacuum formed parts need trimming to prepare prior to assembly

Other parts are:
2 sizes of body tube for fuselage and tail section
Metal clips for parachute and motor
Parachute kit
Full size 1/12th scale drawing
Detailed instructions
Decals for WW2 markings*
There are many variations of possible model painting: The early prototypes, German camouflage versions, and many variants of the captured V2s flown in Russia and the USA. A variation of the kit that will be available in the future will be the additional parts to make a Bumper /WAC version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  v2-setting.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  51.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  v2_paul_pad2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  14.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  v2_Paul_built.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  10.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Paul B Clark Fully painted V2 Ready for launch.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  15.4 KB  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Level 3

Sure wish I could have got my hands on one of these kits.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

I have one of those.

And as a matter of fact Steve gave it to me.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I have one of those.

And as a matter of fact Steve gave it to me.

Did you build it ? You are one of the lucky ones.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Did you build it ? You are one of the lucky ones.

Every time I start I get distracted and I...owww a shiney!!!

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Old Time Rocketeer

I have a couple of the V-2 kits, including a prototype. X-15s (both the Delta and A2) also. and a Bomarc kit that never went into production.

I was Paul's US kitter/distributor for his kits.

Wouldn't be surprised to see new versions of these in the near future. Or are they brand new vapor ware?

L1 cert: AAA Magnum PA Crude/Vulcan H100 Smokey Sam
L2 cert: LOC/Precision Magnum/Aerotech J350
L3 cert: Smokin' Rockets Nike Smoke/Aerotech M1315
Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
I have a couple of the V-2 kits, including a prototype. X-15s (both the Delta and A2) also. and a Bomarc kit that never went into production.

I was Paul's US kitter/distributor for his kits.

Wouldn't be surprised to see new versions of these in the near future. Or are they brand new vapor ware?

If you ever want to sale one of the V2 kits let me know.