Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

Barone I do not understand way there is a difference, From what you have the fin is ½” down from the top of the BT-60 body Tube

But as you can see from the image that was scanned from the Catalog, and then were I took equal yellow triangles that the #RL1 and the #RL2 are just slightly of center put closer to the Bottom not the top. And from the image the #RL3 it is exactly centered.

The Second Image shows were your fin with the tape offset would be on the body tube.

I simply do not know what to thank, what do the rest of you thank?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Mach-1 Industries Lift-Kits catalog Image.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  134.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Lift-Kit Fin Compassion.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  26.7 KB  
Old 04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
Barone I do not understand way there is a difference, From what you have the fin is ½” down from the top of the BT-60 body Tube

But as you can see from the image that was scanned from the Catalog, and then were I took equal yellow triangles that the #RL1 and the #RL2 are just slightly of center put closer to the Bottom not the top. And from the image the #RL3 it is exactly centered.

The Second Image shows were your fin with the tape offset would be on the body tube.

I simply do not know what to thank, what do the rest of you thank?
Hey Arley,

Well, you know sometimes the kits are different than the catalog shows. If you look at the lift kit assembly instructions, step three, it tells you the slots are offset on the body tube towards the top. The drawing next to steps 5 thru 7 also show the slots as being offset towards the top.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Hey Barone, to change the topic but from the Header Card that you posted of the #RB1 Skyblazer, shows flames on the upper half of the rocket. I was wondering did this Body-Kit come with flame decals, or are you supposed to paint them on yourself.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Hey Barone, to change the topic but from the Header Card that you posted of the #RB1 Skyblazer, shows flames on the upper half of the rocket. I was wondering did this Body-Kit come with flame decals, or are you supposed to paint them on yourself.
No, they didn't come with decals. I was thinking of using some pine car decals or something like that. Have you been able to work up the fins for the other lift kits? I don't know if your catalog listed prices, but these that I bought were expensive for what you got (but, hey, they were unique) so I only bought these. When I decided to get some others (hoping for a discount since he company no longer existed), the kits no longer existed either
Old 04-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Hey Barone

Here is a Comparison of what you have what was in the Product flyer, and ones drawn from the Catalog. All images were taken from the information you provided, That is I used the 4 -1/4” root edge to blow up the Product flyer, and the catalog image was blown up to 6” body tube length. Except for the fin being placed in the center the fin size was almost identical between the catalog and you pattern, so that told me that probably the catalog image was truer.

So as you can see there is no way of getting a true pattern. The color patterns may be off put until the true patterns come up it’s the closest I can get.

Maybe with luck someone else will post the other patterns?

Will anyway to change the subject, I figured there were no decals, so no surprise there.

And as for the price of the Mach-1 kits, that’s one of the reasons I never purchased their kits. The Lift Kits were $19.95 and the simple body kits were $9.95 to $24.95 for the Raider, and this was in the early 90’s. It just seamed too much and I figured it was one of the reasons they went out of business.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Mach-1 Industries Lift-Kit - fin patterns Comparison.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  103.5 KB  
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Hey Barone

Here is a Comparison of what you have what was in the Product flyer, and ones drawn from the Catalog. All images were taken from the information you provided, That is I used the 4 -1/4” root edge to blow up the Product flyer, and the catalog image was blown up to 6” body tube length. Except for the fin being placed in the center the fin size was almost identical between the catalog and you pattern, so that told me that probably the catalog image was truer.

So as you can see there is no way of getting a true pattern. The color patterns may be off put until the true patterns come up it’s the closest I can get.

Will anyway to change the subject, I figured there were no decals, so no surprise there.

And as for the price of the Mach-1 kits, that’s one of the reasons I never purchased their kits. The Lift Kits were $19.95 and the simple body kits were $9.95 to $24.95 for the Raider, and this was in the early 90’s. It just seamed too much and I figured it was one of the reasons they went out of business.
Hey Arley....can you make these available at full scale? I think it might be interesting to build some more lift kits based on these....
Old 04-30-2007, 05:27 PM

What I posted was to full scale and yes I can, for I planed on it if everyone knows that they’re probably not exact and only close to the actual fins. It will take a day or two, put since there not exact fin patterns I can not send them to Scott to post.

So how did you Post on this thread the files you posted, I only know how to post images and not a file, so other’s can down load it?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Master Modeler

Exclamation Fins? I got fins!

Quote:

Hey Arley and Don,
I wouldn't say there is no way of getting a true pattern. I'm about 100% sure I have the actual fins in question. Would it work if I made a photocopy of the fins and posted it here? If you guys don't think that will work, I'd be glad to get a fin to Don to scan.

After a quick rummage around the shop, I turned up 3 of 4 fins, the other is around here somewhere.
Was once SAM#0132

Last edited by Sadmug : 04-30-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Yep, got 'em
Old 04-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmug
Hey Arley and Don,
I wouldn't say there is no way of getting a true pattern. I'm about 100% sure I have the actual fins in question. Would it work if I made a photocopy of the fins and posted it here? If you guys don't think that will work, I'd be glad to get a fin to Don to scan.
Dave's the Man!

If you photo copy, be sure to place some kind of scale with it so it can be measured accurately, you know, like a 1" mark or something. Of course, I'm always willing to do it for you (you still got my number?). I know Scott prefers a particular type of scan for posting......fin patterns I think are like a 75 dpi jpg (I used to have it written somewhere, now I just go back to the posting instructions).
Quote:
So how did you Post on this thread the files you posted, I only know how to post images and not a file, so other’s can down load it?
Arley....I just use the manage attachments button (scroll down when you're in the edit window) and attach the file. An image file (jpg) will show up like a thumbnail.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Master Modeler

Can do! We have a new fangled copier at work and the "big man" is out o' town. Will try to tweak to best resolution and post tomorrow.
Was once SAM#0132