Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Default Rocksim Update

Revision 9.1.0 build 111 has just been released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee
Changes for version 9.1.0f111
MAC WARNING: This version of RockSim requires an Intel mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. Due to constraints imposed by the libraries used by RockSim, support for Power PC based macs has been delayed.
RockSim console app: Fixed a bug that prevented the simulation output files from being written out to the new data folder location.
Upgraded to Qt 4.7.1 on Mac and Windows.
Added File - Import - Engine files menu item. This function copies engine data files into the RockSim engine data folder.
Fixed a bug that caused RockSim design files with embedded periods to save without a file type.
Updated test report display and print interface to use QtWebKit. This was done to improve display and print formatting.
Fixed body tube database errors for Totally Tubular, and Vaughn Bros. The Part No and Description columns were reversed.
Fixed b2 Rocketry database errors. The SkyAngle Part No and Description columns were reversed.
Fixed a crash in the simulation optimal mass plot code. Plotting the graph more than once for a simulation would sometimes crash.
Fixed the OK button processing in the simulation optimal mass setup screen.
Fixed a bug in the check for updates code. The version stamp compare code was finding updates on the web site when there were none.
Fixed a bug in the installer post processing code. RockSim would attempt to import new database files over and over again on some systems.
Added a scripting interface to RockSim. This feature enables script based plugins to be integrated into RockSim. The script language is based on the ECMAScript standard. Additional documentation on the use of the script interface will be published.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Master Modeler

Mine is telling me .113
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Default Revised RockSim File

There has been a very recent update in Rocksim (as discovered by jharding58), which brings the build number up to 9.1.0.113. It was released either Wednesday (3-9-11) or today.

Quote:
Changes for version 9.1.0f113
Fixed a typo in the File Save as logic that was causing an incorrect file type suffix to be appended to the save file name.
Added an Import Files button to the Reload engines dialog.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

... and the writing is on the wall for PowerPC Macs. As per usual. Ah, well.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrocketeer
... and the writing is on the wall for PowerPC Macs. As per usual. Ah, well.

I looked to see if WINE could run on a PPC linux, but sadly, no...

Get yourself a cheap laptop, dump Windows, load up Ubuntu 10.10 (soon to be 11.04) and install WINE 1.3...

Rocksim runs as smoothly this way as it does native on Windows.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Anyone know where I parked the LEM?

Default Update Failed

This is the first time that I have tried to update Rocksim, since I have only had it for a couple of months. I am running Windows Vista (please, no anti-Windows comments) and after downloading the entire version, it says that the uploader will start after closing RockSim. Well, I close it, and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Master Modeler

Not sure of your version of Rocksim but there is a background process which kicks off when the application is closed. You will see rocksim.exe running the installation in the Vista equivalent of Task Manager. But again, not sure of the version you are running and if "About" is accurately updated. All else fails go with the Full download as opposed to updates.
"The complexity of living is eminently favored to the simplicity of not."
Old 04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Default New Build

RockSim build 9.1.0.113

Quote:
Released: March 10, 2011

Changes for version 9.1.0f113
  • Fixed a typo in the File Save As logic that was causing an incorrect file type suffix to be appended to the save file name.
  • Added an Import Files button to the Reload engines dialog.

Changes for version 9.1.0.111
  • MAC WARNING: This version of RockSim requires an Intel mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. Due to constraints imposed by the libraries used by RockSim, support for Power PC based macs has been delayed.
  • RockSim console app: Fixed a bug that prevented the simulation output files from being written out to the new data folder location.
  • Upgraded to Qt 4.7.1 on Mac and Windows.
  • Added File - Import - Engine files menu item. This function copies engine data files into the RockSim engine data folder.
  • Fixed a bug that caused RockSim design files with embedded periods to save without a file type.
  • Updated test report display and print interface to use QtWebKit. This was done to improve display and print formatting.
  • Fixed body tube database errors for Totally Tubular, and Vaughn Bros. The Part No and Description columns were reversed.
  • Fixed b2 Rocketry database errors. The SkyAngle Part No and Description columns were reversed.
  • Fixed a crash in the simulation optimal mass plot code. Plotting the graph more than once for a simulation would sometimes crash.
  • Fixed the OK button processing in the simulation optimal mass setup screen.
  • Fixed a bug in the check for updates code. The version stamp compare code was finding updates on the web site when there were none.
  • Fixed a bug in the installer post processing code. RockSim would attempt to import new database files over and over again on some systems.
  • Added a scripting interface to RockSim. This feature enables script based plugins to be integrated into RockSim. The script language is based on the ECMAScript standard. Additional documentation on the use of the script interface will be published.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Oh, well...

I just fired up RockSim on my Linux laptop, and it was still at build 87. That's why the notice for build 113 popped up, and I had forgotten my other machines were already upgraded.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635

Last edited by CPMcGraw : 04-04-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Red face WAY out of practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I just fired up RockSim on my Linux laptop, and it was still at build 87. That's why the notice for build 113 popped up, and I had forgotten my other machines were already upgraded.
So I finally took my laptop down to the library, which has high speed internet access, so I could FINALLY download the most recent RS9 update.

I downloaded the "whole version," but neglected to install it immediately. I went looking for the update file on my hard drive, to no avail.

Without using language that's safe for family viewing, WHERE THE BLOODY [Gehenna] IS THE UPDATE FILE?!?

Sorry, I've been away so many months that I feel like a complete idiot. (FWIW, I *do* have a copy of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Drums" on my bookshelf, along with "Drums for Dummies.")

Craig, guys, help me out, eh?

This one guy from Idaho,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014