Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Master Modeler

Default Highest Price Ever?

With all the rediculous prices posted lately I was wondering what the all time highest price for an Estes Saturn V was. Anyone know?

The highest I remember was about $250 maybe 10 years ago.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
2nd time BAR, no longer JAFO!!

Default Ebay Sat V

Hi, I`ve seen this one on Ebay for a while....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Estes-Vintag...=item2563468bdc

He wants $599 `buy-it-now` only....box kinda mangled and such.

All well....

"Up in smoke, that's where my money goes!!" - Tommy Chong
Old 01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Master Modeler

My bad. Let me try again.

Anyone know what the highest confirmed price an Estes / Centuri kit ever went for?

Not for sale, price - actually sold price.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
Old 01-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Apollo Nut

Seems like I recall an Enerjet Athena (boxed) going for around $600 or so a few year ago.

In the same ballpark, I think Mark Mayfield paid something around $500-$600 for an original packaging Centuri Defender.

Those are about the two highest I recall right off hand.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
My bad. Let me try again.

Anyone know what the highest confirmed price an Estes / Centuri kit ever went for?

Not for sale, price - actually sold price.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

I saw a mid 60's Centuri outfit going for $1200.00+ on ebay maybe 6-7 years ago. Oh and then there was a $1500.00+ win for a MMI outfit. Then there was someone from this board spending almost $1000.00 for a 1961 Estes catalog. Those are just a few that come to mind.

Jonathan

P.s. I am wondering why everything and anything on ebay is going for major $$$... what gives?
You sell 15 - 20 K or Skill-level kits, and that is now a brand new car!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Master Modeler

The Ebay thing is just Ludachris!

I did have something happen at a club launch once that was a bit odd. I had a young guy about 21 ask me several times to sell Space Man Spiff to him for $150. To start with I thought it was a joke but the guy asked me several times over a 6 hour period. When I finally realized he was serious I tried telling him he could build his own for less than $40 but he got mad and stomped off.

You can scroll the page and see a few photos of Spiff here: http://www.vernarockets.com/id3.html

Randy
www.vernarockets.com
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
The Ebay thing is just Ludachris!

I did have something happen at a club launch once that was a bit odd. I had a young guy about 21 ask me several times to sell Space Man Spiff to him for $150. To start with I thought it was a joke but the guy asked me several times over a 6 hour period. When I finally realized he was serious I tried telling him he could build his own for less than $40 but he got mad and stomped off.

You can scroll the page and see a few photos of Spiff here: http://www.vernarockets.com/id3.html

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

This is what I was expecting to see when I clicked on the link. My favorite comic strip of all time. (not comic book)
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecenturion
Hi, I`ve seen this one on Ebay for a while....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Estes-Vintag...=item2563468bdc

He wants $599 `buy-it-now` only....box kinda mangled and such.

All well....

Nice AVATAR!!!

Isn't that Lord Dred the villain from Captain Jonathan Powers and the Soldiers of the Future!?

The greatest Saturday morning Kids show EVER created!

Some liberal parents group got the show banned because they didn't want kids viewing firearms as fun! Idiots!

Anyways, if that is Lord Dred, I need to get a Captain Powers Avatar and engage in battle with you!

Jonathan
Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
2nd time BAR, no longer JAFO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohetero-negro
Nice AVATAR!!!

Isn't that Lord Dred the villain from Captain Jonathan Powers and the Soldiers of the Future!?

The greatest Saturday morning Kids show EVER created!

Some liberal parents group got the show banned because they didn't want kids viewing firearms as fun! Idiots!

Anyways, if that is Lord Dred, I need to get a Captain Powers Avatar and engage in battle with you!

Jonathan

Yep, that is Lord Dread, and if you liked the show it is out on DVD now. It really was ahead of it's time.

And it is only fair we battle...I did kill your father and girlfriend and blow up your secret base! OK, so I lost Blastaar in the explosion. Soaron says hi by the way!

To everyone else....sorry for hijacking the thread, but you gotta love flash backs to certain shows from your childhood! If you are wondering what we are talking about, youtube/google "captain power".

"Up in smoke, that's where my money goes!!" - Tommy Chong
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecenturion
Yep, that is Lord Dread, and if you liked the show it is out on DVD now. It really was ahead of it's time.

And it is only fair we battle...I did kill your father and girlfriend and blow up your secret base! OK, so I lost Blastaar in the explosion. Soaron says hi by the way!

To everyone else....sorry for hijacking the thread, but you gotta love flash backs to certain shows from your childhood! If you are wondering what we are talking about, youtube/google "captain power".

I couldn't find a clear pic of Capt. Jonathan Power, and besides I am several shades darker

So I decided to use the logo of Capt. Jonathan Power and the Soldiers of the Future!

That was hands down, the greatest Sat. Morning show ever! Did you use the light ships to fire at the TV screen and assist Capt. Power? I did at a friend's house!

It is my understanding that Capt Power was the basis or prequel to the Terminator universe.

The thing that Gen-X had in our time was imagination and technology.

Baby boomers had their imagination, Gen-Y have just tech (little to no imagination), but Gen-X, we had BOTH!

I have the old tapes somewhere with I believe the original ships. If I don't there will always be ebay!

Power ON!

Jonathan Dunbar Power

I did change the Avatar out of respect of Jonathan's father who you killed; Dr. Taggert aka Lord Dred!