Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Question NARCON 2006: Planning WAY Ahead

Ltvscout (Scott), this inquiry is for you.

While I am *well* aware that the information at the link http://www.narcon2006.org/ is NOT EVEN REMOTELY "up to date" , my wife is already planning ahead to see if we can afford to have her come with me to NARCON 2006, or not. (I just looked up a "Buy one airfare, get one *FREE* from Polident.com" offer. Odd, I didn't realize that Boise, ID and Chicago, IL are both considered "Zone 3." <shrug>)

So anyway, Scott, in the YORF archives for this topic, I see you mention that the room rate for the Marriot Racine should be ~$77 a night. I don't expect you to have that nailed down just yet, because March *is* only 5 months away.

Anyway, just post an appropriate response here.

Thanks yet again,

--Jay
"Centuri Guy"

(Spock voice) "What does it mean... 'Beerlofting?' Liquid water weighs approximately 8 pounds per gallon, after all..."

(Jay) "Take me to your liter. --BTW, is it A&W?"
Old 10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
While I am *well* aware that the information at the link http://www.narcon2006.org/ is NOT EVEN REMOTELY "up to date" , my wife is already planning ahead to see if we can afford to have her come with me to NARCON 2006, or not. (I just looked up a "Buy one airfare, get one *FREE* from Polident.com" offer. Odd, I didn't realize that Boise, ID and Chicago, IL are both considered "Zone 3." <shrug>)

So anyway, Scott, in the YORF archives for this topic, I see you mention that the room rate for the Marriot Racine should be ~$77 a night. I don't expect you to have that nailed down just yet, because March *is* only 5 months away.

Anyway, just post an appropriate response here.

Heh, wow. I didn't think people were trying to look at the website yet. I just posted what's there now yesterday so the people on the NARCON board could determine if the logo size was ok. Of course the keynote speakers are Lee Piester and Matt Steele, not what's on there now. I don't like to reinvent the wheel, so I just keep use the same template each year for NARCON.

We were able to get the same hotel rate this year of $77 a night. Kurt and I shared a room there last year. A number of other YORF members also stayed there. It's a nice hotel IMHO. We will be holding our annual beerlofting event in the hotel lobby again. Bring along a good, local microbrew to the event if you're able. If you don't drink the alcoholic kind of beer, there's some great root beers out there as well.

We hope to meet the missus as well!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Ltvscout (Scott), this inquiry is for you.

Polident? Chopper problems, Jay?
As things stand RIGHT NOW, I'll likely be a no-show for NARCON 2006. This two house deal isn't allowing for things like entertainment, heat, eating, etc.

Quote:

Nice place. It should look even nicer this year after the swine-level accomodations that Ramada stuck us with for NARAM.

Quote:
(Spock voice) "What does it mean... 'Beerlofting?' Liquid water weighs approximately 8 pounds per gallon, after all..."

That was fun. I slept like a baby. (A big, bald baby with gas, but a baby nonetheless.)

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Moving Heaven and Earth to get Bill E. to NARCON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Polident? Chopper problems, Jay?
To quote Sheryl Crow, "Like Steve McQueen/All I need's a fast machine..."
(I just saw part of a documentary about Steve on either Turner Classic Movies or American Movie Classics, right before they showed "Bullitt.")

Quote:
As things stand RIGHT NOW, I'll likely be a no-show for NARCON 2006. This two house deal isn't allowing for things like entertainment, heat, eating, etc.
(deep, resonant doggie growl of displeasure)
Here's a sincere prayer. We'll see if it does any good for ya. "Dear God, help Bill's old house sell, so he can afford to live in his new one."

Quote:
<Beerlofting> That was fun. I slept like a baby. (A big, bald baby with gas...)
Are there any other kinds? Of babies, I mean.

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 10-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up "Chi-CA-go! Chi-CA-go!" (or relatively close)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Heh, wow. I didn't think people were trying to look at the website yet. [snip] Of course the keynote speakers are Lee Piester and Matt Steele, not what's on there now.
<Big Evil Grin> "But of *course*..."

Quote:
I just posted what's there now yesterday so the people on the NARCON board could determine if the logo size was ok. [snip] I don't like to reinvent the wheel, so I just keep use the same template each year for NARCON.
Consider my wife's timing to be tantamount to divine intervention.

Quote:
We were able to get the same hotel rate this year of $77 a night. Kurt and I shared a room there last year. A number of other YORF members also stayed there. It's a nice hotel IMHO. We will be holding our annual beerlofting event in the hotel lobby again. Bring along a good, local microbrew to the event if you're able. If you don't drink the alcoholic kind of beer, there's some great root beers out there as well.

We hope to meet the missus as well!
Cool! Hopefully we can pull everything together to meet "all y'all" in March.

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 01-16-2006, 02:47 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
<Big Evil Grin> "But of *course*..."

Consider my wife's timing to be tantamount to divine intervention.

Cool! Hopefully we can pull everything together to meet "all y'all" in March.

Cheers,

--Jay

I'll be there!

(Hoping that, at worst, that'll have no effect on anyone's decision to attend...)
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Red face Getting Ever Closer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
I'll be there!

(Hoping that, at worst, that'll have no effect on anyone's decision to attend...)
My wife reminded me that I was going to go research plane tickets from Boise to Chicago.

--Jay
Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 AM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
My wife reminded me that I was going to go research plane tickets from Boise to Chicago.

--Jay

Try Boise to Milwaukee as well.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Angry "You can't get there from here..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Try Boise to Milwaukee as well.
Southwest doesn't fly to Milwaukee... ...although Delta and United do.

*Then* my wife reminds me that her brother will be driving up from St. Louis, Missouri to meet us in Chicago.

Back to the airline research,

--Jay
Old 01-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Southwest doesn't fly to Milwaukee... ...although Delta and United do.

Southwest flies to Midway airport in Chicago. Kenosha is close to being halfway between Milwaukee & Chicago. If the rates are a lot cheaper going Southwest (which they usually are) I'd consider that strongly.

What about Midwest Airlines? Do they fly out of your city? They're based here in Milwaukee.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558