Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2005, 08:00 PM
The_Ripper

Default ARG T222-24 Trident Cluster Series Rocket Kit

(Updated: Sunday, October 16, 2005)

Today I finished the ARG T222-24 Trident Cluster Series Rocket Kit that Taras sent to me from Naram-47. I have the review draft written for EMRR and I plan to fly it next Saturday October 22nd at the High Cotton launch in Winnsboro, LA.

Details for the ARG Trident series kits can be found here:

Advanced Rocketry Group Ltd

I have a cluster of D12-5 for the first and second flight and a cluster of E9-8 for the third flight.

I decorated the T222-24 based on the EnerJet 2250 Composite Dynamics drawing copy by Gary Rosenfield although the T222-24 is not exactly to scale.

Phred with Excelsior used a scan I sent him of my sheet of EnerJet logo decals back in June and I owe him a big thanks for the terrific job he did on those decals! The EnerJet logo decals are available here:

Excelsior Rocketry Decals

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates

Last edited by snaquin : 10-16-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:39 PM
The_Ripper

A sneak peak image is attached until I can get the flights in next weekend and finalize the review draft at EMRR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  T222-24 Kit Completed Painted & Decaled.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  150.0 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate

Last edited by snaquin : 10-16-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:32 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default rocket good, website awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
A sneak peak image is attached until I can get the flights in next weekend and finalize the review draft at EMRR.

Looks great ! :-)

still need to get the black and chrome bands on mine to mathc the CD drawings I have .

first flight would have been this past weekend, but the rain ( still :-( .. in NY kept us home and dry .....

might bring down to the Nov METRA launch,but not sure I want to break it in on exp motors :-)

look forward to your review.

(although,if you comment to Taras, please tell them to do something about the awful website, someone needs to make sure you can SEE it ALL (hard to buy what you can't see ),,and sidebars,etc WORK, so you can scroll around and see things - instead of working on adding annoying 'bloop' sounds to the sidebar menu .....
My wife has a degree as a web designer and first thing they tell ppl is no sounds, and she'd choke to view this site, eww... :-( ..... exact words when I just showed her the site " how annoying "

Sorry , had to rant, since I hear it from her all the time, it's become ingrown ....

~ AL
Old 10-19-2005, 10:01 PM
The_Ripper

Al

I checked out the ARG website again tonight.

It doesn't appear to be finished yet but appears to be reworked since I viewed it this past weekend. Hints about the future lease of the T263-29 based on the EnerJet 2650 is there.

http://www.argrockets.com/

SAM# 0052

Last edited by snaquin : 10-19-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Al

I checked out the ARG website again tonight.

It doesn't appear to be finished yet but appears to be reworked since I viewed it this past weekend. Hints about the future lease of the T263-29 based on the EnerJet 2650 is there.

http://www.argrockets.com/

just checked it out , and definately redesigned.

still hard for me to navigate ( lettering cut off on side,photo over the text,won't properly scroll down ... :-(

I'm using Internet Explorer, are you using IE,or Netscape ? (or other) ?

wondering if that's the problem....

will have to look around the site more in a few ( only checked the fromt page,which has changed for certain ) ,

~ AL
Old 10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
The_Ripper

No problems here and I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7

Taras told me that he is still working on the site.

Now if I could just get my hands on that T263-29 .....

SAM# 0052

Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM

Question

Quote:
No problems here and I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7

Taras told me that he is still working on the site.

Now if I could just get my hands on that T263-29 .....

not sure what the 'issue' is with my browser then, this is the only site I;ve noted that it acts up on .

as for the T263-29 ( ie: 2650 clone ) .... sounds like fun :-)

I had a US Rockets Hi-Test 2650 back when, flew good on F100's,F50's (SSRS), etc... best flight was a 'no-payload section' flight on three ACS / Reaction labs G72-10 - absolutely rocked :-) .... lost it, but was found nearby by an elderyl lady in her back yard , real friendly couple,too, we went and picked up the bird and chatted with em a while,etc :-)

lost that one at LDRS-6 on, again without payload section, three Aerotech G65-15's - never seen again.
got a call later that it was found miles and miles away (guy claims like 20 miles, but I think he;s mistaken where we launched form or somehting, of coure, since the launch site was at 10,000 feet plus, and the rocket thermalled over the mountains (few thousand feet higher, I'd guess ).. possible it travelled 20 miles back towards Colorado Springs / Denver ?

guessing,especially in the thin air, that 390 nsec would put a lightweight 2650 (2 - 2 1/2 lbs ?,not sure ).. say 5500 feet ?

always wondered about the validity of the claimed distance.....

~ AL
Old 10-26-2005, 06:57 PM
The_Ripper

Got one flight in this past weekend at our launch in Winnsboro, LA with (3) D12-5's. The review will be posted with the next upload at EMRR.

I sent up a batch of image links for Nick to choose the images from for the review and these are a few that were included.

RockSim estimated an altitude of 1,156 feet. I think that was a conservative estimate for a 12.6oz rocket (dry weight) with (3) D12's.

(Yeah, I know I'm an old fart)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  image003.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  54.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  image002.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  74.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  43.8 KB  
SAM# 0052

Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Got one flight in this past weekend at our launch in Winnsboro, LA with (3) D12-5's. The review will be posted with the next upload at EMRR.

I sent up a batch of image links for Nick to choose the images from for the review and these are a few that were included.

RockSim estimated an altitude of 1,156 feet. I think that was a conservative estimate for a 12.6oz rocket (dry weight) with (3) D12's.

(Yeah, I know I'm an old fart)

Looks good (the rocket ;-p )

love the decor, all done up in the 'catalog style' , witht he chrome rectangle on the payload and all ... now I'm going to have to get motivated and finish the decor on my own 2250 .

keep us posted on flights with 'more power' :-)

~ AL
Old 10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
The_Ripper

I have (3) G55-10W motors saved in my rangebox from a few years ago for it's final flight. Final because I know I'll probably never see it again.

Last time I tired to ignite a cluster of (3) G55-10's in a 2650 clone I only got two to ignite using thermalite. It did prove the one motor inert stability claim to be true by flying on only two motors. That was before Quickburst was around so I may try some twiggys if I can fit them in the slot.

I'll probably do a few more black powder clusters since I have a few packs of D12's and E9's left.
SAM# 0052