Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
BP Mafia

Default Finish up/clean up

Still no movement on the house front, so I've been lining up my winter projects with an eye toward finishing the projects that I've started in the past few years, but never QUITE found the time to finish. I did sanding and paint work on three MPC rockets tonight, the Flare Patriot, Icarus-C, and a big Nike whose name escapes me at the moment. The Flare Patriot and Nike will be flyable if I get out this weekend. The Icarus-C still needs some work to get to the flight-ready stage. I also gathered the remaining parts for finishing my Andromeda, and there's a chance that if I DON'T fly on Sunday, that I'll finish it and the Shrox Icarus. they're both very close as it is. I've got a replacement Goblin all ready for the black on the nose cone and fin tomorrow, and I did extensive work on two home-brew projects, the Warlord and the Cosmik Debris. (The Cosmik Debris, also known as "that odd looking rocket from the Custom Parts Catalog", is so big and bulky that I was considering doing away with the lower end transition so that I could fit a 24mm engine in it. then I remembered that Quest was supposed to be coming out with that 18mm D motor soon........ Time will tell on that one.) The Warlord should be ready for final paint this weekend, which is good because my EMRR Challenge score kind of hinges on me finishing it. It could be quite ugly, with its bronze, gold, silver and black paint. I also dragged out a couple of old Custom kits that I've always meant to finish, the Dynamic Carrier and Satellite Drone. Add these to the Stealth Interceptor that needs restoration after being damaged in the flooring incident last year, and I'm about to double the size of my Custom fleet.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper