Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Default 1980 F.R.O.G.S. Kits Have Arrived

I recently won a lot on Ebay that was comprised of 9 of these kits from 1980. The reason I was interested in them was for their Alpha kits, as these make great first-time kits for beginner rocketeers, and we frequently have kids from the neighborhood tag along to launches. I thought these would be perfect to give to these kids to help spark an interest in rocketry and science. The other nice thing about these kits is that they contain 1980 Estes catalogs in dead mint condition. Those of you who collect Estes catalogs will know that 1980 was the first catalog produced with a cover printed on exactly the same (thin) paper as was used for the inner pages................and as a result of this, these catalogs usually have worn, torn or creased covers.

I won't be needing all of these kits, so I will offer a few for sale to members of this forum. I have a very few of the following:

1980 catalogs, mint condition...................3 left, priced at $10 each (includes shipping)
1980 FROGS kit, opened, Alpha kit opened but complete..................only one left
1980 FROGS kit, opened, Alpha kit sealed............................................ ..only one left
1980 FROGS kit, sealed............................................ ....................................only one left

Of course, each of the FROGS kits also contains a mint 1980 catalog. If anyone has an interest in any of the above please PM me.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  FROGS reduced.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  25.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Contents reduced.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  39.0 KB  

Last edited by mojo1986 : 11-08-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Only one of each of the FROGS kits left, and 3 catalogs. First to PM me on these gets their choice.

Joe
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Thanks to all those who showed an interest in acquiring a FROGS kit. My extras are now sold out. I do have a few really nice, dead mint 1980 catalogs, and those will find their way onto Ebay at some point if no one here wants one ($10, includes shipping).

Joe
Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default rocketeers are great people.

Not that we all didn;t know already, but somany rocket people go out of their way to help others - I've had peopl send free parts, kits, Mark ( Launch Magazine ) offered a free issue when I missed one while laid off from work ( I declined, but am truly impressed ) , etc. etc.

now, I've given away kits, motors, catalogs, decals, etc to club members, local kids, a few ppl on this list, etc.. but always feel truly hummbled when others do same for me - hope I'm "paying forward" as much as you guys

most recent item was the 1980 Estes catalog Joe sent from one of the FROGS kits.. I had bid on these, forgot it was ending and they went to a good home .
had figured on keeping one and reselling the catalogs to break even, maybe even make a buck, lol ... my bioiggest reason is I wanted the 1980 catalog since it's the one I remember from my 'youth' . I got started, iirc, Oct 1976 ( Birthday ) , and I had a 78 ( Star Wars cover) catalog that I always took care of as a Star Wars nut ( back then ) , later got a 76 from a friend, but the one I remeber, and have used and dreamed over, and used for reference , is the 1980 .

I still have my original, one owner, used and abused, taped together, ragged catalog I still reference to this day... and will continue to doso while the minty one stays pretty to remind me of where it all started, this obsession ...

THANK YOU JOE .

~ AL

( comparison pics below )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  80catalogs.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  44.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  80backs.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  55.3 KB  
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Wow Al, You're not kidding! That thing IS beat up! Talk about squeezin' the lemon!

Joe