Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Very cool cone.
I still have a couple Composite Dynamics E20-7's and an F40 in my OOP motor stash.
I actually flew an E20 three years ago and ignited it the same way I used to...with a SOLAR Igniter !
Motor performed nominally with a WORKING fairly accurate delay ! It was a vintage '83 motor.
Someone on this website a few years back tried convincing me that the 80n-sec F40 was 29mm...not so; it is definitely 24mm and is an impressive motor. Really made old K-36 Saturn V's go, but you better have built it STRONG.

Yeah.. I still have a mess of the Composite Dynamics E20's and F40's, and a few of the F-45's that are 29mm, and one of the 18mm Ds, and possible a few other prototypes that were being considered for production.
Just went to do a quick check, and I realized I moved them to one of my other engine collection storage boxes.
I still have a mess of Enerjet E24s as well.

I've still got (2) SSRS 24mm E-45-10s and (1) 29mm E30-4 in sealed plactic bags, and (1) loose 29mm F67-8.
I loved the SSRS 24mm E45s.

Have to take some pictures of the different Composite Dynamics motors I have, and post them later.

Larry B
Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Yeah... I lent this one to Al Swackhammer a couple of years ago. I think he made a mold of the cone to try an duplicate a few. Wanna chime in here, Al?

S.

Yeah... still have a few sealed Composite Dynamics kits as well.
I will be eventually posting photos of the Composite Dynamics aluminum master used to make molds for this solid resin nose cone + the finished nose cone side by side.
I did make some prototype solid foam nose cones from the same molds for the nose cones used in the thick walled BT50 kits.

For those that do not know, CD also made a 18mm solid resin nose cone to fit their thick walled BT20 tubes.
I will post photos of some of these and the aluminum master as well.

Lots of interesting stuff to be posted.

Larry B
Old 05-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate
Have to take some pictures of the different Composite Dynamics motors I have, and post them later.

Dale Windsor would love the motor pics. He's started a motor pictorial history website. I don't have the URL offhand though.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Yeah... still have a few sealed Composite Dynamics kits as well.
I will be eventually posting photos of the Composite Dynamics aluminum master used to make molds for this solid resin nose cone + the finished nose cone side by side.
I did make some prototype solid foam nose cones from the same molds for the nose cones used in the thick walled BT50 kits.

For those that do not know, CD also made a 18mm solid resin nose cone to fit their thick walled BT20 tubes.
I will post photos of some of these and the aluminum master as well.

Lots of interesting stuff to be posted.

Whoa! You have the masters? Start pouring some cones!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Whoa! You have the masters? Start pouring some cones!

I have a couple of dozen molds from companies over the years I have bought. The ONLY thing keeping those and many others from being released, even on a small scale is two factors:

1. Sales of existing products to support new releases. Vote with your feet and cash by buying from http://v-serv.com/usr/estesmotors.htm

Scroll halfway down for kits. I also suggest ordering a couple of each of several kits for your collection, so the dealer who has already committed to stocking them can have sell-through and advance the funds to us to manufacture Ace kits, special kits, and special parts. They are very willing to to so if there are sales.

2. A kit maker or two willing to adopt resin or cast nose cones in kits.

We tried if we make them, they will come. That didn't work. So now we need demand-pull for specialty parts. Buy stuff from the very small number of willing suppliers.

Jerry
Old 06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Mini-Cineroc Modification Plans

Composite Dynamics
Mini-Cineroc Modification Plans - Cat.# MC-4P

The following description, is from the 1982 Composite Dynamics catalog. Their last issued catalog.

- Due to the phase-out of the Cineroc aerial movie camera by Estes Industries, this modification will be limited to Cinerocs or Cineroc parts you may have now. Finished camera specifications are:
- 1.25" (Fits BT-55).
- Film Type & Capacity - 9 feet of Kodak G160 Super-8.
- Net weight - 2.5 oz.
- Running Speed - 31 frames per second.
- Approx. 30% less weight and 40% less drag than standard camera.
- Originally drawn by Gary Rosenfield 2/4/1976

-------

I have a limited number of these Mini-Cineroc Modification Plans left, originally sold by Composite Dynamics, that I will be selling.
There are 2 sheets of unfolded plans, each measuring 17" x 22".

Larry B
SAM # 0234
Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Composite Dynamics
Mini-Cineroc Modification Plans - Cat.# MC-4P

I have a limited number of these Mini-Cineroc Modification Plans left, originally sold by Composite Dynamics, that I will be selling.
There are 2 sheets of unfolded plans, each measuring 17" x 22".

Larry B
SAM # 0234

LARRY,

How much do you want for those MINI-CINEROC Plans ???

Please let me know . . .

Dave

Ez2cDave@aol.com
Old 07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Occasionally I agree with GH and this is one of those times.

I loved the old ProJet motors. I only wish I'd had more money at the time to buy them, and more land at the time to fly them on. As it was I still have a couple of E20s and a couple of F's that I wasn't able to fly back then.

There must still be a place for smokeless, completely progressive motors.

Well I agree with Roy!

They reminded me of the old Crown motors ... those were my first introduction to AP motors back in the 1980's. That sizzle and non-smoke were awesome! The model would just dissapear yet you could still hear it ascending.

I know that a manufacture of old is about to restart their offerings. I won't say who because I wasn't given permission nor do I want to take the importance from the announcement. Please monitor NARAM news... many here were be very happy!

Note to manufacture coming back: PLEASE release a LONG Burn motor!!! 7 - 9 seconds would be just fine!

Jonathan