Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Somewhat Skilled Rocketeer

Default Estes "Vindicator-E" Upscale Skin Kits

With the Estes Interceptors now out of production (and the Interceptor E being hard to get), modelers may want to build the "Companion" to the Estes Interceptor E...The Vindicator E.

I have been producing highly detailed vinyl "Skin Kits" for the Interceptors for a few months now and have more recently produced "Short Kits" for modelers to take the existing Estes Cosmic Interceptor and produce their own 150% upscale model Vindicator E based on the original Estes Vindicator from 1981. The "Short Kit" is basically a 7-sheet "skin kit", fin and wing patterns and instructions to build the Vindicator E from the currently available Cosmic Interceptor. You will need to add a 4"x24" sheet of hard balsa or Basswood (preferred) and (optional) a 6" length of approximately 1/2" diameter tubing (such as BT-5 or slightly smaller...the diameter is not critical).

The Vindicator E takes advantage of the rather unique "engine treatment" of the Cosmic Interceptor. Those of you who remember, the original Estes Vindicator had a rather unique treatment of the "hot end" rocket. Though the Vindicator E's engine treatment is different than the original Vindicator, it is quite effectively set apart from being an "Interceptor Upgrade."

There is the "Desert Sky" Vindicator E kit which has a "Sand" colored upper side which blends to a "Sky Blue" lower surface following the original suggested paint scheme for the Estes Vindicator and there is the newest "Twilight" kit which is all black with the Chameleon skin treatment. The Desert Sky kit has an extremely uniform blend from the Sand to Sky Blue that runs the length of the model from nearly the tip of the nosecone to the tail. You would be hard-pressed to "manually" paint and achieve such a blend AND incorporate the Chameleon pattern. The Twilight Vindicator is a very deep black that makes for a stunning model. The nice thing about the Twilight Vindicator kit is that even if you make minor-to-moderate "mistakes" they are easy to hide with simple touch-ups.

The skins are printed on a very thin vinyl (not the heavy clear vinyl of typical peel-and-stick decals nor the very heavy sign making or "car wrap" vinyl). The color is actually imbedded in the special vinyl coating. Color coverage is very nearly 100% of the surfaces to be covered and there are markings and details that exceed by a considerable degree the color and detailing of even the original Estes Interceptor decals. Plus you get a unique block pattern, inspired by the studio model of the Estes Interceptor E, that I call the "Chameleon pattern that covers the body and all wing/fin surfaces.

All of my Interceptor and Vindicator skin kits are on eBay Accur8 eBay Store. If you want to make a purchase there...well, that's okay. If you want to purchase through me direct, just drop me a note at johnpursley@accur8.com requesting the skin kit you want and, if you mention you want a "YORF Discount" I will invoice you directly through PayPal for the kit and give you a 25% discount. This discount doesn't apply to items that are already on sale (still, if it is on sale on eBay, contact me direct to obtain the kit you want...I'll honor any eBay discounts through direct purchase).

I am working on a "Twilight" Skin for the Estes Cosmic Interceptor that does not include wing wraps so that you can economize somewhat over a full wrap kit but still git that "unique" look. I'll announce it here when it is available . If YORF members would like to pre-order, it will be $25...just contact me as above. It will be available in July.

John Pursley
Old 06-23-2014, 08:23 PM
I do not like Facebook

John, those look great.

But I am highly confident of my ability to screw it up.

May I suggest that you sell a low cost version for a common kit, such as a Baby Bertha, so that we can try out the technology and develop the skill to work with it without making a big financial commitment?

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...