Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 AM
jetlag jetlag is offline
Old BAR
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,028
Default

Ahh, yes, Jimi!
Those Citations were well-wanted when I came along! I wanted them all, except for the Quasar. Ended up with the Max, Bomarc, Vega, and the Patriot. Boy, I thought I had really arrived!!!
Spent the weekend organizing my kits: 16 x 72 qt bins full of bagged kits!! Geez! (Mywife had several OTHER colorful comments, though)!
Allen
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
More Pic to Enjoy

Estes Citation Series....

Estes Citation Red Max Mint Unopened

Estes Citation Patriot Mint Unopened

Estes Citation Starship Vega Mint Unopened

Estes Citation Bomarc Mint Unopened

Estes Citation Starter Set with Quasar Rocket


Take Care, Jimi



Here are a few more pic to enjoy, Jimi

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Fireside Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Mars Snooper Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Skyhook Mint Unopened

Estes Sprint Mint Unopened Red Hang Tag hard to find in this packaing Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Before Hang Tags were added Astron Mark Later packing then the one I had on earler Mint Unopened

More to follow, Thanks, Jimi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7199.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  21.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7208.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  20.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7207.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  23.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7206.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  21.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7205.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  20.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7204.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  24.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7203.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  24.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7202.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  23.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7201.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  21.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7200.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  21.3 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
Here are a few more pic to enjoy, Jimi

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Fireside Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Mars Snooper Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Skyhook Mint Unopened

Estes Sprint Mint Unopened Red Hang Tag hard to find in this packaing Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Before Hang Tags were added Astron Mark Later packing then the one I had on earler Mint Unopened

More to follow, Thanks, Jimi



A few more

Estes Pre-Damon Mercury Redstone Mint Unpened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Space Plane Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Cobra Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Fireside-X Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Delta Mint Unopened

Jimi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7218.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  19.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7217.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  26.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7216.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  27.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7215.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  24.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7214.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  24.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7213.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  26.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7212.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  14.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7211.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  23.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7210.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  19.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7209.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.8 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Ahh, yes, Jimi!
Those Citations were well-wanted when I came along! I wanted them all, except for the Quasar. Ended up with the Max, Bomarc, Vega, and the Patriot. Boy, I thought I had really arrived!!!
Spent the weekend organizing my kits: 16 x 72 qt bins full of bagged kits!! Geez! (Mywife had several OTHER colorful comments, though)!
Allen



Hi Allen, That is the only Citation kit I do not have also is the Quasar in the box by itself. I no longer have my commander with me, single again after being married over 28 years. But I will say back in 1974 she was building some rockets with me. By the way I just put more pics up on more vintage kits. Take Care, Jimi
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

[QUOTE=Jimid123]A few more

Estes Pre-Damon Mercury Redstone Mint Unpened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Space Plane Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Cobra Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Fireside-X Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Delta Mint Unopened

Jimi[/QUOTE

Here are a few more pic to enjoy, Jimi

Estes Star Blazer Mint Unopened

Estes Sandhawk Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Saros Mint Unopened

Centuri X-29 Bug Mint Unopened

Centuri Marader Mint Unopened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7296.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  24.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7297.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  17.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7298.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  24.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7299.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  22.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7295.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  21.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7294.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  21.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7293.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  18.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7292.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  23.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7291.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  29.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7290.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  25.3 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
[QUOTE=Jimid123]A few more

Estes Pre-Damon Mercury Redstone Mint Unpened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Space Plane Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Cobra Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Fireside-X Mint unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Delta Mint Unopened

Jimi[/QUOTE

Here are a few more pic to enjoy, Jimi

Estes Star Blazer Mint Unopened

Estes Sandhawk Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Saros Mint Unopened

Centuri X-29 Bug Mint Unopened

Centuri Marader Mint Unopened



A few more...

Estes Pre-Damon Aerobee 300 Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Orbital Transport Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Avenger Red Hang Tag a bit later packaging Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Alpha two types of packaging the one to the left Pre-Damon and the one to the right Estes Damon Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Stinger Avalible as a free kit only Mint Unopened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7306.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  45.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7307.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  46.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7308.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  26.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7309.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  25.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7305.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  20.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7304.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  22.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7303.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  21.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7302.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  22.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7301.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  23.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7300.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  23.8 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
[QUOTE=Jimid123]


A few more...

Estes Pre-Damon Aerobee 300 Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Orbital Transport Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Avenger Red Hang Tag a bit later packaging Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Alpha two types of packaging the one to the left Pre-Damon and the one to the right Estes Damon Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Stinger Avalible as a free kit only Mint Unopened



More photos to enjoy, Jimi

Centuri Astro i Mint Unpened

Estes Pre-Damon V-2 Mint UNopened

Estes Pre-Damon Thor-Agena B Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Before Hang Tags this is the very first packaging Semi-Scale Saturn V Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Drifter later packaging Mint Unopened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7316.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  25.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7317.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  26.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7318.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  27.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7319.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  28.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7315.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  27.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7314.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  23.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7313.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  28.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7312.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  24.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7311.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  21.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7310.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  21.4 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
[QUOTE=Jimid123]


More photos to enjoy, Jimi

Centuri Astro i Mint Unpened

Estes Pre-Damon V-2 Mint UNopened

Estes Pre-Damon Thor-Agena B Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Before Hang Tags this is the very first packaging Semi-Scale Saturn V Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Drifter later packaging Mint Unopened


and a few more....

Estes Pre-Damon WAC Corporal Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Honest John Mint Unopened

Centuri Long Tom Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Midget Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Shrike Mint Unopened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7326.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  27.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7327.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  25.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7338.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  23.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7329.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  24.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7325.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  18.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7324.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  25.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7323.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  28.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7322.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  27.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7321.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  29.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7320.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  26.9 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Jimid123 Jimid123 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Utica NY
Posts: 122
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimid123
[QUOTE=Jimid123]

and a few more....

Estes Pre-Damon WAC Corporal Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Honest John Mint Unopened

Centuri Long Tom Mint Unopened

Estes Pre-Damon Astron Midget Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Shrike Mint Unopened



A Few More Pic...Jimi

Estes Bandit Mint Unopened

Centuri T-Bird Mint Unopened

Centuri Space Shuttle Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Omega Mint Unopened

Estes Astron Omega with Payload Mint Unopened
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  7345.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  19.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7344.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  19.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7343.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  23.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7340.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  16.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7339.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  22.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7337.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  21.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7336.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  25.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7331.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  19.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7330.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  21.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  7346.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  20.6 KB  

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 PM
gerryfortin gerryfortin is offline
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, Maine..Vacationland
Posts: 205
Default

Hi Jimid,

Just started to add images from your posts to the Estes kit databases. Was able to upload the Big Bertha and Spaceman no hangtag kits. More are on the way as time allows. I had never seen the early Big Bertha until you posted. Please keep up the sharing and thanks for allowing me to use the images for building the different K kit varieties. This is turning out to be an insightful project.
__________________
Estes kit pricing history and individual kit descriptions at www.seateddimevarieties.com/BAR/home.htm At least a work in progress....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2018