Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
After visiting five Walmarts with 17 miles of me here's the report. Yes, there are a lot in a small area. The one that is within my town had no rocketry items onsale. The rocket stuff remained at normal pricing in the normal toy area. One further away had no rocket stuff. Maybe I just missed it on sale. the others had no kits, but had engines onsale for $3.00 a pack. They were A10-3T, C6-3 and C6-5's. I bought various amounts of these. Three bucks is still a good deal. I also might have missed kits by not getting to look at the start of the clearance sale.

The only thing I had at one store was model paint (Kustom arcylics) and Testors Mighty Mite air brush set for $13.00 that can be used for model rockets. This stuff went fast, within three days.

I noted that stores that had the rocket stuff in the clearance have no rockets in the normal toy area. It looks like they're removing them from their store.

Ah, well!. Got some deals on engines and paint. Now, only if they put a Hobby Lobby here in New England ( in MA.) so I can get on in those deals.

Just got back from my local WM, they are filling in their toy dept for the summer, the extra space devoted to rockets is only one item wide. And, once again, the same 12 packs of C6-3's are on the shelf, nothing new.

They have gotten rid of their "discount aisle", it's filled in with summer merchandise. There was quite a few items from the toy dept and other departments there, all gone. They couldn't have sold the amout of stuff in that area.

WE will just have to wait and see how it plays out across the country.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
Now, only if they put a Hobby Lobby here in New England ( in MA.) so I can get on in those deals.

You'd figure they could put a couple in MA, or at least somewhere in the NE. The only time I get to visit a HL is when I go down to North Carolina on Business.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
You'd figure they could put a couple in MA, or at least somewhere in the NE. The only time I get to visit a HL is when I go down to North Carolina on Business.

If you check out the HL web page, you can locate where their stores are. You are correct, there are no stores in the North East, and when I go to SC, that;s wehre I go to.