Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
My latest Semroc order arrived yesterday with the box looking like it had been used as the ball in a rugby game. Three kits were included, and all three had crushed tubes. Anyone have experience with filing claims with the post office? The website is a nightmare and none of the numbers I have seem to be the one they want.

Bill,

Its to the point where I have to tell people shipping me tubes to double box them and NOT use those triangular priority mailer boxes ... 9 times out of 10, they arrived crushed!

I pay Bill of BMS extra to have him ship tubes double boxed... I could skimp and pay regular shipping but if over half the tubes that arrive are damaged, then saving on the shipping was a waste anyways.

No the post office is drowning financially and just doesn't care anymore.

Dealing with the P.O. is like dealing with the IRS or your local congress person

Jonathan
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 PM
BAR

Yeah, that's true... I've noticed a MARKED decrease in the quality of service from the post office.

We used to have pretty good delivery folks out here (rural area) and I haven't had much cause to complain, but the last 2-3 years our post office has gone to h3ll in a handbasket...

They're hiring MORONS who can't even get the right mail in the right box half the time... and it's not just "next house over" it's MILES away! My mailbox is on the side of the road abutting my driveway, and I've leveled the gravel on the driveway apron up to the edge of the pavement several times, and also in front of the mailbox. Whatever idiots they have working for them constantly "spin out" taking off like it's the Indy 500 or something and have dug a pair of big chug holes and a substantial rut in front of the mailbox and on the edge of the road all the way across the driveway apron.

To h3ll with it... I'm not leveling it AGAIN! I hope those idiots bounce their brains out, because they can bounce through it til their car snaps the wheels off before I level it again!!!

Later! OL JR