Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Craftsman

Send a message via ICQ to Swillie
Default Launched a few .....

Went to the launch field Sunday morning with my son and brother. We flew 5 rockets:

Estes Executioner, scratch build I just finished, Estes Hyper Bat upscale, Estes Maxi Alpha 3 and the 'E' Intercepter my brother recently finished.

The first and last rockets are my brothers and well he didn't have the best luck today. The first one failed to deploy the chute and the Intercepter weathercocked over a tree and through the woods. If anyone has a spare nose cone for that one please let me know as it is damaged beyond repair. I think the rocket is just too heavy for the E9-4.

The Hyper Bat's 'test flight' went well. Only a pair of C11's but still went pretty high. I want to fly it with a D12-3 to E9-4, but I am gonna need a bigger field or I'll likely never see it again.

Here is some video I shot of the flights if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWKXgmlinIM
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Craftsman

everyone I talked to about engine choice for the Interceptor E has said that the Estes E's are a no-no for anything but a dead calm day and at least a 4' rod. that said I've never flown mine on anything smaller than an AT E18-4 (the E20-4 works nice too, but I prefer the somewhat slower liftoff w/ the E18).
sorry to hear that his had a less than optimal flight.
rex
Old 11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Craftsman

Send a message via ICQ to Swillie

Estes has sent my brother free parts to fix the E Interceptor...... what great customer support, Thank You Estes!!

I ordered some AT E20-4 motors for it. Wanted to get the E18-4 but only found those for RMS.

I bet the Estes E12 will be an interesting motor for this one once they come out.