Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Level 3

Default Shapeways

I am not sure if this Shapeways designer (kcespedes) visits this forum but I received an email saying that they could not print the Honest John spin nozzles that you designed. I sent a PM through Shapeways but if anyone has any ideas let me know.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Skill Level VI

They do have some size and surface parameters that limit what they can do. Certain materials print smoother than others. Bronze infused stainless is not smooth, and thin parts won't work. I too had thought to use them for a project I had in mind, but the technology they currently use would not permit it. There seem to be new manifestations of additive manufacture surfacing on almost a monthly basis, but for now, the really, really cool stuff is not yet available for widespread use.
All you have to do is initiate and propagate a combustive reaction between kerosene and oxygen and direct the resultant gasses through a small aperture in a nozzle at supersonic speed without blowing the whole thing up. It's not rocket science!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Star Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I am not sure if this Shapeways designer (kcespedes) visits this forum but I received an email saying that they could not print the Honest John spin nozzles that you designed. I sent a PM through Shapeways but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

This is me, Kevin Cespedes.
I guess we fixed all that now, but just FYI...
I am also on TRF. check me out there too, by the same handle.
Also remember that there is a forum on Shapeways that is called 'show us your prints'. love to see them in the flesh, so to speak.
The more parts we can produce the better...
I am conquering SWF with every model I design. I got a lot of stuff in the pipeline..
NAR #92766