Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Seagulls Beware...

Smile Introduction: Hi All...

I finally made it here with help from Scott, and others from TRF. Can't wait to get into it again.

(My decals arrived today, my kit/parts are still OTW).

Olde Rockets... Those are the kind I like. It's cool to have a pool of knowledge and passion for this hobby to pull from.

So for my first forum question:

I'm making a Semroc Omega, and (externally) backdating it to the 1974 Cineroc/Omega combination Offer (701-RC-8). What I haven't been able to answer yet is: how many Blue and Black Logo/Cineroc/Omega decals and how many white Logo/Cineroc decals were sent in the combination offer? The catalog shows only one side, and I'm not sure it it was the side opposite of the LL's or if it was rotated slightly so the LL's weren't visible.

If you built this kit 'back in the day', I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

All the Best!
K'Tesh

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Last edited by K'Tesh : 04-04-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

You made it, welcome!

Just in case you don't know, besides JimZ's , here are more plans.

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/

I sent you some more supplement decals for your Omega.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Seagulls Beware...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
You made it, welcome!

Just in case you don't know, besides JimZ's , here are more plans.

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/

I sent you some more supplement decals for your Omega.

Thanks,

Both for the info, and for the decals...

When I got home, I got a notice that the decals I ordered had arrived, but I have to wait until tomorrow to pick them up.

All The Best!
K'Tesh

Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
CG to close to CP

Welcome!

Here is another place to spend a few hours!

http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/rockets.html
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
I finally made it here with help from Scott, and others from TRF. Can't wait to get into it again.

(My decals arrived today, my kit/parts are still OTW).

Olde Rockets... Those are the kind I like. It's cool to have a pool of knowledge and passion for this hobby to pull from.

So for my first forum question:

I'm making a Semroc Omega, and (externally) backdating it to the 1974 Cineroc/Omega combination Offer (701-RC-8). What I haven't been able to answer yet is: how many Blue and Black Logo/Cineroc/Omega decals and how many white Logo/Cineroc decals were sent in the combination offer? The catalog shows only one side, and I'm not sure it it was the side opposite of the LL's or if it was rotated slightly so the LL's weren't visible.

If you built this kit 'back in the day', I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

All the Best!
K'Tesh

In the two Cinerocs I obtained in later years, both came with one white 'Cineroc' decal for application to the camera housing itself. The one Omega kit that I am building and finishing right now had no 'Cineroc' decals at all, but had the blue/black decals for each side of each fin on both stages.

Not sure if this exactly answers your question, but hopefully helps some.

Looking to get in my first Cineroc flight(s) hopefully sometime this spring or early summer.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
BP Mafia

Welcome to YORF. We're going to need a little information before we decide which side you'll be housed on. How do you feel about reuben sandwiches and saurkraut in general?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion Centuri - Mini Dactyl Estes - F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc - Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Seagulls Beware...

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Welcome to YORF. We're going to need a little information before we decide which side you'll be housed on. How do you feel about reuben sandwiches and saurkraut in general?

Reuben sandwiches? Only ever had one (generally speaking I hate rye bread...). That said, it was very tasty, and I've been told that it was one of the finest examples my Mom has found in years. Heaven on Earth restaurant, off of I-5 in Southern Oregon. Their Cinnamon rolls are HUGE (the size of my 6 year old nieces head).

Saurkraut? Let's see, Take a large bagel, split it in half, toast it. Boil up some smoked sausage, and heat some saurkraut. When the bagel is toasted, slather with Best Foods Mayo, and (if you could find it) Granny Puckett's Mustard. Add sausage, heap with saurkraut... ENJOY!!!

BTW Kimchi is a complete waste of perfectly good coleslaw.

Does that help?
K'Tesh

Old 04-05-2013, 01:45 AM
Seagulls Beware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
In the two Cinerocs I obtained in later years, both came with one white 'Cineroc' decal for application to the camera housing itself. The one Omega kit that I am building and finishing right now had no 'Cineroc' decals at all, but had the blue/black decals for each side of each fin on both stages.

Not sure if this exactly answers your question, but hopefully helps some.

Looking to get in my first Cineroc flight(s) hopefully sometime this spring or early summer.

Earl

Ok, now I'm getting somewhere... One white one you say. If that's the case, then the natural conclusion would be that there was only one of the blue logo/cineroc/omega decals.

Do you remember how wide the yellow tape was? What kind of tape was it? Certainly not duct-tape. My gut feeling was that it was electrical, but I've only ever seen black.

Thanks!
K'Tesh

Old 04-05-2013, 02:38 AM
BAR

You can get colored electrical tapes nowdays... don't know how prominent they were "back in the day" though... (my feeling is "not very" but then I was a youngster back then...) I know growing up all I ever saw or used was the plain black stuff...

As for the food questions... that's a WHOLE OTHER THREAD... (or rather series of them!)

My question is, what do you think of Hee Haw and AgPHD on RFD-TV on DirecTV... them Hee-Haw honeys are something, ain't they?? (even though they're old enough to be my mother, they sure looked good back in 74!!!

Also, before we can help you further, we need to know what you think of Teri Garr... was she hotter as Roberta Lincoln in Star Trek or in the underwear ads she did in the mid-80's??

One other important question, this one's sort of a Rorshach test in that there's no wrong answer, but we will learn more about your psyche-- which one is hotter?? Erin Gray as Wilma Deering on Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, or Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala?? Or would you rank Laurette Spang as Cassieopeia on Battlestar Galactica as hotter than either??

Hahaha... Later! OL JR

PS. @GH... I saw Larette Spang a few years before she did BSG in the late 70's... on "The Six Million Dollar Man" episode "Survival of the Fittest" today, courtesy of the DVD's a friend gave me for Christmas... she was hot back then but looked a little "thicker"... more round-faced... still hot though...

PPS. @K'Tesh-- You'll get your introduction to GHRocketman soon enough... he's IN LOVE with Laurette Spang... (he has good taste, even if he don't know beans about CHILI!!!)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

The CORRECT answer regarding ANYTHING related to Corned Beef or Kraut is - the stuff SUCKS and is NOT fit for human consumption. Any other answer is UNACCEPTABLE.

Laurette Spang was also in several Happy Days episodes.

The ONLY acceptable program carried on RFD-TV is "I love toy trains"- that is IT.
Otherwise it is all yokel/hayseed/yay-hoo nonsense like 'Animal BRANDING Weekly', 'Alternative Manure Uses', 'Womens Rodeo', and idiotic 'Hee-Haw' reruns. Buc Owens should be the poster child for 'not fit for TV'. Those finding it to be a legitimate channel need to be BRANDED and whacked with their own CATTLE PROD to re-align their brain waves.

The undergarments Teri Garr modeled in the 80's would look hideous on Heidi Klum, let alone her. It was all that nasty cotton practical JUNK that no attractive proper 'model-sized' women should EVER be wearing.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 04-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.