Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Member in Good Standing!

Question Coaster Plans

I have a set of Plans from the old Coaster Corp. They are of the B/G DynaSoar. They were starting to get a little ratty, and were written on and then "whited out. Currently, the plans are encased in plastic, from a machine that protects blueprints. Just what are these plans worth? Jack
Old 10-22-2006, 08:34 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketflyer
I have a set of Plans from the old Coaster Corp. They are of the B/G DynaSoar. They were starting to get a little ratty, and were written on and then "whited out. Currently, the plans are encased in plastic, from a machine that protects blueprints. Just what are these plans worth? Jack

You're asking a bunch of old-rocket-fart BARs what a set of previously-unposted Coaster plans might be worth? Priceless...

You'll get your name all done up in pretty pixels on Scott's YORP pages if you'd send him a 300 DPI scan of those plans!!! Currently he has no Coaster plans available, so having at least one set would get him started on creating a new section.

(BTW, welcome to our asylum. All of the Doctors wear the straight jackets, and the inmates run this place! Needless to say, we all have far too much of a good time with rocketry, and way too much time for our own good...)

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Rocketflyer, can you post a pic of those plans?

Please!

I had a few of their catalogs back in the 60's but my mom threw them away 'cause they had drool all over them.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 10-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:

If you could scan these plans so I could post them on Ye Olde Rocket Plans before you sell them, that would be most appreciated.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 10-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Red face Dynao Soar Plans

These plans are huge, showing full scale and half scale. I'm not rocket challenged but I am somewhat computer challenged, weak on soft ware application. Hmmm, maybe Scott can send affress and I"ll mail them, IF I get them back. How else can the be scanned, Kinko's?

Jack
Old 10-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Default Told Ya So

See, even my keyboard can't spell. That's Dyna Soar, and Address. I just HAVE to get a keyboard that can spell, really. I should also learn to type ,lol

Jack
Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
These plans are huge, showing full scale and half scale. I'm not rocket challenged but I am somewhat computer challenged, weak on soft ware application. Hmmm, maybe Scott can send affress and I"ll mail them, IF I get them back. How else can the be scanned, Kinko's?

Ya, I've heard these plans are big. Yes, Kinko's can scan, or you could send the plans to Buzz Nau who scans the plans for me. Buzz's handle here is Eagle3. I'll have him send you a PM with his address in case you'd rather have us do it vs going to Kinko's. And yes, he will promptly return the plans to you when he's done.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Smile Scan

Okey dokey. Sounds good to me. Two pages of plans, and they are big. Plans say you can R/C the glider, has room for it. I built it, sent pic to the old Model Rocketry mag. Good pic at lift off. Was teaching Civil Air Patrol Cadets, circa 1970, about a year after I got out of the service. I don't have the pic any more, ****! It flew well, glided like a mediun size brick, but it did glide.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Default Coaster Plans

Ugh, just remembered something.( I have a case of CRS...Can't Rember S.... ! ), Way back at a RATS launch, here in N.J. , I was talking to Doug Pratt about the plans. I gave him a copy as he was interested and maybe "kit" it.

Another question for you guys. Anyone remember the launch pad put out by Nova Industries? Dave B was the owner, but without the catalog in front of me, can't remember his last name. Great launcher, could take the old "C" rails as well. I have a picture of it, loading an FSI Black Brant on it for my NATREK Silver, around 1978. Could use a launcher like this, it would beat the crap out of the Mantis pad.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I appreciate it. I escaped some time ago, I'm not going back willingly.... arrrrrgh!

Jack
Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Talking Coaster Plans Sent to Buzz for scanning

Hi All,

The Coaster Plans for Coasters DynaSoar CENTAURI B/G have been sent to Buzz ( Eagle 3) for scanning. Take note that there is some measurement notes that I had wriiten in, as youngster, that may appear. I hope you all enjoy it when it gets posted. I seem to recall, on one of the archive photos, someone holding a built model of the Centauri.

Jack ( Rocketflyer)