Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Master Modeler

I can't answer your question. I hope you can find someone that can help you out.
I had been a member for years, it would be a shame to see his planes go by the wayside.
I hope they can be saved somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
Signed up and created an account. When I tried to access the files it showed "restricted group, 457 members" then a screen showing "Oops, you need to be a member to perform this action". So, is membership closed out?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Launching since 1970.

It is a YahooGroup.

The "Owner" can approve membership requests. Ditto for a "Moderator".

If the Owner and Moderators die and nobody has their password, the YahooGroup continues to exist forever but nobody can join and nobody can edit/moderate. A zombie-group can become a SPAM fest if an existing member has their e-mail hacked.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...axRockets/files

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...Max_Plans/files

Two YahooGroups. Full File Section links above. If you are a member, you can get in.

Quote:
Signed up and created an account. When I tried to access the files it showed "restricted group, 457 members" then a screen showing "Oops, you need to be a member to perform this action". So, is membership closed out?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
It is a YahooGroup.

The "Owner" can approve membership requests. Ditto for a "Moderator".

If the Owner and Moderators die and nobody has their password, the YahooGroup continues to exist forever but nobody can join and nobody can edit/moderate. A zombie-group can become a SPAM fest if an existing member has their e-mail hacked.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...axRockets/files

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...Max_Plans/files

Two YahooGroups. Full File Section links above. If you are a member, you can get in.

Unable to access either group files. Looks like I need the "owners" approval first. Sent email.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Unable to access either group files. Looks like I need the "owners" approval first. Sent email.

Art Applewhite is the owner/moderator.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Almost shovel ready

[QUOTE=LeeR]

I had reached out to John last November to inquire about his health, and to see how he was doing. Here is his reply:

[I]Lee: Thanks for the heads up from Ted. My usual e-mail is mrcluster@yahoo.com. I've been trying to be positive about my current condition but things have not been going so well. I've been fighting Prostate Cancer since 2014 with surgery, radiation and hormones but that nasty little PSA floating around in my system has infected my Lymph system and my oncologist is not sure what we will be doing next. I'm hoping to get into a clinical program out at NIH, but have not heard back from them yet. I'll keep pluging along so Keep the flyin Micronized.

Having experienced prostate cancer myself, I felt a certain connection to John when I first learned that he too was facing a similar ordeal. But since I was apparently banned by TRF I asked my friend Lee Reep to PM John for me and to give him my email address. John subsequently emailed me and at some point I offered to send him one of my mini-Guillotine Fin Jigs gratis. And so I did.

I never heard back from him and can only assume that he was dealing with this ghastly monster. I hope he liked my gift and was able to test it, if only for awhile. I was saddened to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace, John McCoy.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Hi Ted,

Hope you are doing well. I didn’t mention you by name, but figured you’d see this and reply.

Still hoping to drop in on you guys someday when we do the trek to Padre Island. We are in the midst of dealing with the recent difficulties of aging parents still living at home, and not sure when we might hit the road again.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 02-16-2019, 12:10 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Art Applewhite is a moderator (and most likely the owner), so a message to him at, IIRC, rocket887@aol.com (or is it 877?) would probably answer your questions.

ah, LTVScout already pointed this out.