Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
I don't know if they will, but they tell their internal population they will. Admittedly they kill all their family and opponents, but at some point does a population opinion matter at all?

I am pretty sure Obama abandoning heavy weapons in Iraq with no status of forces agreement was entirely foreseeable that they might fall into the hands of terrorists. What they didn't predict or prevent was Iraqi soldiers literally surrendering their weapons and uniforms and running away and ISIS walking over and picking up the Humvee keys and weapons. Oops.

In case you haven't noticed ISIS drives Ford and Toyota trucks with gun mounts, and armoured personnel carriers made in the USA.

When we leave a country, bring our stuff with us. Turkey is close by.

Obama didn't "abandon" anything. The Iraqi government told him they WOULD prosecute any 'suspicious' behavior on behalf of the US troops. Obama told Iraq he would therefore pull out Us troops since they chose to tie up their hands by NOT granting them full immunity from war crimes. Now the untrained cowards left all the weapons and armor behind running away from ISIS who rose to power. They got what they deserved. The US should have NEVER gotten involved in a civil war. Hussein kept ISIS in check, removing him AND his sons was the biggest mistake ever made in the middle east.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
Obama didn't "abandon" anything. The Iraqi government told him they WOULD prosecute any 'suspicious' behavior on behalf of the US troops. Obama told Iraq he would therefore pull out Us troops since they chose to tie up their hands by NOT granting them full immunity from war crimes. Now the untrained cowards left all the weapons and armor behind running away from ISIS who rose to power. They got what they deserved. The US should have NEVER gotten involved in a civil war. Hussein kept ISIS in check, removing him AND his sons was the biggest mistake ever made in the middle east.
I agree on two points. Hussain was secular and served our policy despite his limitations. Obama didn't negotiate troop immunity using his heavy hand position.

He cut and ran, and he led from behind, and refused to do a status of forces agreement. He removed the red line from Syria. He lost the obviously winnable erection.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
I agree on two points. Hussain was secular and served our policy despite his limitations. Obama didn't negotiate troop immunity using his heavy hand position.

He cut and ran, and he led from behind, and refused to do a status of forces agreement. He removed the red line from Syria. He lost the obviously winnable erection.

There was NO negotiating with them. They didn't want us there to begin with. Killing over 5200 US troops and 100,000 Iraqi civilians and freeing the genie from the lamp is not "mission accomplished". None of this would even be an issue today had Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld stayed the hell out of the middle east right from the start. They lit the fire and the Dems were expected to put it out for them. Thanks. The one fortuitous thing coming from the whole mess is that all the weapons including heavy armor remain there and have not spread outside. They're killing each other with this crap and I can rest at night knowing that. Just more thousand year religious hatred between them. Have at it! Oh my science!
Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Gentlemen, I refer you to rule #1 of my forum rules!

Discussion of and debating Politics or anything that could possibly be considered political is not allowed, even in the FreeForAll forum.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Gentlemen, I refer you to rule #1 of my forum rules!

Discussion of and debating Politics or anything that could possibly be considered political is not allowed, even in the FreeForAll forum.

Understood and accepted.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:51 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
That worked out like a charm in Iraq and now ISIS is on the loose. The US needs to stop being the police country of the world.

LIKE!!!!

OL J R
Old 04-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Stop bumping this thread. Please.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:09 PM
Master Modeler

Steven, come on over and I'll tell ya where you're right, And where you're wrong.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.

Last edited by bernomatic : 04-05-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:24 PM
BAR

Quote:
Stop bumping this thread. Please.

Why? Who's bumping?

OL J R