Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Craftsman

Default PVC Rocket Launcher

Just finished my "PVC" Launch Pad and looks great! Reason? No one yell but, we had a 17 year old kid launch an "e" powered rocket @ 4H sport launch. At the time, I wasn't a member but a guest. If it were me I would have sent the kid home. He launched it from a 1/8 " rod, 20" long if that! On top of that, wind was gusty, even on the ground. This thing was swaying in the breeze like u wouldn't believe. He ended up loosing it. Now, we have this heavy duty launch pad, and it will hold a 1/4 rod and take up to a "G" powered motor! Don't ever expect to launch anything that large but, nice to know u can. Cudos to the designer of the "double mounting bolt" design. This thing is much stronger than the single bolt and adjustable. I'll update with the persons name when I find the plans.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Craftsman

Talking PVC Launch Pad

Credit for original goes to Bill Owens, NAR# 61063. This is an adaption I found in "info-central.org" web site. I'll post remarks after 1st launch but, expect absolutely no problems w/pad. Thanks, Bill and info -central.