Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Forum Information, Rules, Etc
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 11:12 AM
frustrated aero

Default YORF NavBar behavior on different browsers

I notice when I view YORF with Chrome, there is a "Mark Forums Read" button in the NavBar, like "Today's Posts" and "New Posts". If I use IE or Firefox, that button is gone and I have to navigate through "Quick Links" then select "Mark Forums Read".

Is there a way to make it appear on the bar w/ all browsers? I usually view "New Posts" then mark them all read when I am done.

Google made me (and many other users) mad when they turned off add-in or extensions that were not obtained through the Chrome store. I was using Greasemonkey scripts to filter some of the forums to get rid of newsbots, etc. Google decided that was "dangerous" and in true Big Brother fashion, decided what was best for me without asking. So...I dumped Chrome for Firefox (since it still runs Greasemonkey). But now I am back to two clicks to mark the forums read.

Thx!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 06-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Born Late Rocketeer

Might also be platform dependent. I use Chrome and do not have a Mark Forums Read button, but I'm on a Mac.

Then again, I also don't have a prohibition on non-Chrome store extensions. That's definitely a Windows-only thing.

(User agent spoofing might get you what you want, but might not... I didn't have any luck with a quick attempt.)
Syracuse Rocket Club

http://richsrockets.wordpress.com
Old 06-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

The button is in Chrome under Linux, so that's two out of three platforms so far.

There are a lot of other things I don't like about Chrome that far outweigh a one-click vs two-click way to mark forums read. It is faster and it does have a cool feature to that lets you right click on an image and search for it elsewhere on the net, but Firefox has it beat in pretty much every other category.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

In the past couple of days I also saw the font change on the today's post view. It's back now. It got thinner.