Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Forum Information, Rules, Etc
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Default Forum Rules

General Rules:
  • Discussions about Covid-19 are not allowed on this forum. This does not include posts about launches that have to have new launch rules due to Covid-19 or posts announcing virtual events due to Covid-19.
  • Discussions about any protests going on in the country are not allowed on this forum.
  • Discussion of and debating Politics or anything that could possibly be considered political is not allowed, even in the FreeForAll forum.
  • Discussion of and debating Religion or anything that could possibly be considered religious is not allowed, even in the FreeForAll forum.
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the such.
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  • Non-Rocketry related advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
  • We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Ye Olde Rocket Forum community standards. Most of us are adults here, but not all. Because we do have children viewing this site there will be no swearing allowed in your posts. That includes using characters other than letters or purposely misspelling to create swear words. The Ye Olde Rocket Forum team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
  • There will be no discussion of bodily functions or slang terms related to such.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
  • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
  • We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
  • Members are forbidden from profiting from any idea, sketch, or photo, or in short another member's property without a written agreement between the two parties.
  • It is requested that posts, quotes, photos and other material used on other sites, articles (published or electronic) include credit to the contributor and oldrocketforum.com
  • Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this forum is not disrupted or abused in any way.
Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.

Advertising

Advertising is restricted to the Vendor forum. Advertisements allowed are vendors and or members posting information regarding a model rocketry related product or service. All other products and services are not allowed. Advertising posts are not allowed outside of the Vendor forum. Violating posts / threads will be deleted and the member warned.

Links in Sigs

Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
  • Linking to a commercial product/service is fine, provided it is a model rocketry related product or service.
  • Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
  • A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate vBulletin community standards. The Ye Olde Rocket Forum team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
  • Duplicate links to the same URL in a sig are not allowed.
FreeForAll Forum

The FreeForAll forum is where members can gather to chat about almost anything, rocketry or non-rocketry in nature with the exception of items listed in the General Rules section above. If you have something to say that doesn't fit into any other forum, or just want to BS, this is the place. Unfortunately, due to a few people abusing the original intent of the FreeForAll forum all posts there will now be moderated.

Last edited by Ltvscout : 06-10-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Making a *bump* because the rules have been revised.

Please read the original post in this thread.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Master Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Making a *bump* because the rules have been revised.

Please read the original post in this thread.

Enough said, I thought this forum was about old rockets ?

So if any one wants to push a button , push the launch button. I got it.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Bumping this thread since I've updated the rules. Please re-read the rules at the top of this thread.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 06-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Bumping this thread since I've updated the rules. Please re-read the rules at the top of this thread.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-20-2022, 07:16 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Thank you for posting clear, concise rules for the forum. I think I might have bent a few, so I will make sure to pay more attention in future posts.

Dave.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:44 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy Dave
Thank you for posting clear, concise rules for the forum. I think I might have bent a few, so I will make sure to pay more attention in future posts.

Dave.

Thank you, Dave.

Welcome to YORF!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558