Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Launching since 1970.

BLOW ME UP TOM!

https://tastingwithtom.com/

https://blowmeuptom.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshire
Well...cash, while it has some risk, should be a form of payment that SkyTec would accept. It's too bad that Argentina is doing that, but their monetary policy has long been..."interesting." I don't doubt you, but I know of an Argentinian winery that is making a lot of money selling their wines in the U.S. (their owner was interviewed on a California-based wine & spirits radio talk show, "The Tasting Room with Tom Leykis," that until recently ran on one of my local stations on Saturday evenings). He didn't mention any international sales barriers, but maybe the Argentinian government doesn't apply its restrictions to this category of products?
Old 11-15-2017, 01:44 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Tom Leykis ??
Now there's a name I have not heard in a while.

I LIIIIIIIIKE his attitude toward dating/relationships from the MALE perspective.
Don't waste your time/money on someone that is not getting you exactly what you want/expect.
He used to have an "all purpose" talk show on radio that came on after G. Gordon Liddy's show. This was at least 15 years ago when those shows were carried in Michigan.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Launching since 1970.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Leykis

End of terrestrial radio broadcast

The Tom Leykis Show had its last regular terrestrial broadcast on Friday, February 20, 2009, and ended at 5 p.m., the middle of its usual time slot. Leykis took calls until the last five minutes. At that point, the host mentioned that people had asked him how he was going to end the show. Saying "Let's tell the truth", Leykis commented that he knew since the previous summer that it was possible the flagship station (KLSX, which originated the broadcast of the show) would switch format. Saying he "tossed and turned", he thought about it and asked himself: "What could I say that would wrap this all up? And then I one day heard this song … and I realized – the lyrics of this song … are about me." With that, Leykis rolled into Joe Jackson's "I'm the Man" (the title track of Jackson's 1979 album). By the time the song was over, the studio was filled with people—as could be seen by the live online video broadcast on the station website. The host thanked his producers, the program director, the crowd in the studio, and everyone in southern California who made it "12 great years", and he finished with "Let's do this thing one more time..." The crowd yelled "Blow me up, Tom" one last time to end the show and mark the end of KLSX as "The FM Talk Station" in what coincidentally became a strikingly appropriate catch phrase to be had: The phrase "blow up the station" is a radio term for ending a particular format or station run. After a much longer than usual explosion sound effect, the crowd cheered and KLSX changed format from hot talk to CHR/Top 40.[83]

Return

When Leykis's show went off the air in 2009, he was in the middle of a five-year contract with CBS. This contract included the rights to his show over terrestrial radio, internet rights, and specific to airing on KLSX; this kept Leykis from appearing on any other CBS station. In addition, CBS also would not allow podcasts for them, as they were concentrating on other online ventures at the time. Despite all this, Leykis has no regrets over his contract terms, and still speaks highly of CBS.[citation needed]

During his show's hiatus, he created The New Normal Network in 2010 including the Gary and Dino Show.[84][85] The network has also at times held multiple music streams, in order to take the media into his own hands. After setting up his new network, Leykis announced on the network's website that his show would return on April 2, 2012, one day after the conclusion of his contract with CBS.

On the first day of the show's return, there were some streaming issues that were rectified within the first 30 minutes, due to a far greater influx of listeners than he was expecting. After receiving data from his analytic sources, Leykis announced on the air that in the first week of the show, over 401,000 different IP addresses tuned into the show.[citation needed]

During live broadcasts, The Tom Leykis Show is the top internet radio talk show in the world, as well as the number two internet radio station in the world, according to SHOUTcast.[86]

The Tasting Room

Leykis produces a weekend show, The Tasting Room with Tom Leykis. It used to air mostly on such West Coast stations as KGIL in Los Angeles, California and KFBK in Sacramento, California. It's produced by The New Normal Network and has morphed into a 2-hour podcast show. He discusses: “fine wine, high-end spirits, and craft brews [plus] first-rate dining and premium cigars”.[87] The show used to be broadcast mostly on West Coast radio markets but has since moved online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Tom Leykis ??

I LIIIIIIIIKE his attitude toward dating/relationships from the MALE perspective.
Don't waste your time/money on someone that is not getting you exactly what you want/expect.
He used to have an "all purpose" talk show on radio that came on after G. Gordon Liddy's show. This was at least 15 years ago when those shows were carried in Michigan.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:09 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Tom Leykis ??

Tom Leykis is not my cup of tea, but to each his own... He was on 790 WNWS AM when I was still living in Miami, and he abruptly disappeared one day, after having left town in the middle of the night (the third paragraph of the "Career" section of the Wikipedia article about him [see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Leykis ] covers this and associated events). He's one of those cocksure, self-justified, hubris-consumed people who have never been humbled by a real crisis (which I don't wish on him), and whom I wouldn't buy a car or a house from unless it had been thoroughly inspected by a trusted third party.
http://www.lulu.com/product/cd/what...of-2%29/6126511
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR
Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM

I totally approve of his attitude toward dating/relationships/marriage.
She better make you come FIRST over all else, or show her the broom out the door.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
I totally approve of his attitude toward dating/relationships/marriage.
She better make you come FIRST over all else, or show her the broom out the door.
I am reminded of a song (whose name escapes me) by a group called The Country Gentlemen, which--whenever it came up on their 8-Track tape playing in our Volkswagen Fastback as we drove along the mountain roads of northern Georgia--my father would angrily skip past. Its lyrics began: "If you want to be my woman/Gal, you've got a job to do!" It went on to list a number of demeaning duties that the subservient wife was required to attend to, including "knocking the flies off me while I rest" (even my folk--while well-equipped to do just this naturally *while awake*, and willing to do so--do not expect to have this done for them by their mates while they're sleeping). Also:

From my observations (including, sadly, among relatives), men who want such slavishly-exclusive attention from their partners or wives (I'm not referring to "open" relationships, but to both partners having their own interests as well, rather than the woman--and occasionally, the man--being treated almost like the other's property) are not remotely as "manly" or "macho" as they want others to think. They are boys with not-very-well-hidden insecurities and fears, who try to compensate by attempting to control everything, including their partners. The women (and sometimes, the men) who find this subservient state of affairs acceptable--and even normal--usually come from families with very backward, benighted attitudes toward girls and women (or toward "bookish," non-athletic boys), and they have never known anything different. Tom Leykis speaks well and is well-educated, but that doesn't make him any less a caveman than the stereotypical woman-dominating character who is celebrated in that odious song, where his attitudes toward women are concerned.
All of my book proceeds go to the Northcote Heavy Horse Centre www.northcotehorses.com.
NAR #54895 SR

Last edited by blackshire : 11-17-2017 at 09:38 PM. Reason: I forgot something I wanted to write.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:09 PM

I never said anything about being subservient at all. It goes both ways. I always make her first above all else. The same is expected in return. It's that simple.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:40 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
I never said anything about being subservient at all. It goes both ways. I always make her first above all else. The same is expected in return. It's that simple.
That is true, you did not, and that is good and honorable that you always make her first above all else. But I have heard what you wrote above ("She better make you come FIRST over all else, or show her the broom out the door") said by men who treated their girlfriends or wives like servants and possessions rather than beloved partners. (A friend of mine married into a family in which the children are treated like property, too--his father-in-law tried to run him off because he "ruined" his daughter [she had thought her lot in life was to be "free labor," never having known anything different].)
NAR #54895 SR