Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Almost shovel ready

Default Launch 2.25" V-2

Rather than re-type all of this I added it to the existing TRF thread so that all of Jerry's Friends could see it first.

Enjoy!

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showth...615#post1535615
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Ted,
Glad you could get out to fly, on what looks to be a pretty nice winter day in Texas. I have flown a lot of mid-sized rockets on 24mm RMS, and other than requiring extra time to prep, really are great alternatives to Estes D and E motors (as are the 24mm single use composite motors).

I am sorry I did not get down to Denver for the CRASH launch yesterday. It was s beautiful winter day here in Colorado --blue skies, no wind, and moderate temperature. I may try to go in two weeks, fortunately CRASH has two launches a month.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 01-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Ted,
Glad you could get out to fly, on what looks to be a pretty nice winter day in Texas. I have flown a lot of mid-sized rockets on 24mm RMS, and other than requiring extra time to prep, really are great alternatives to Estes D and E motors (as are the 24mm single use composite motors).

I am sorry I did not get down to Denver for the CRASH launch yesterday. It was s beautiful winter day here in Colorado --blue skies, no wind, and moderate temperature. I may try to go in two weeks, fortunately CRASH has two launches a month.

Yep, another perfect day Yesterday to launch at CRASH. Dead calm, completely clear sky, zero fire danger, temp in the high 40's and in full sun shine you did not need a coat.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Almost shovel ready

Thanks Lee. It was great to get outdoors and away from the reminders of my recent ordeal. This won't be the last of my plumbing problems but in addition to the surgery I was also treated with a local (in the bladder only) chemo drug called Mitomycin.

http://www.oncolink.org/treatment/article.cfm?id=486

Hopefully this treatment will kill off any remaining cancer cells or at least extend the time for reoccurrence of these nasty tumors.

My next project will be to finish the paint job on my Skonk Wulf by Shrox. And I hope to fly it when the grass is again green and soft. Repairing the paint job on that exotic creation would be a bear!
Old 01-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Master Modeler

Bladder cancer?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
Bladder cancer?

I have a brother who recently battled bladder cancer for a couple of years. About 6-9 months ago he was given a completely clean bill of health after repeated treatments like the one outlined in the link. He will still have to go back for a checkup every 6 months, though not sure how long that is required. Apparently, bladder cancer treatment is very effective. Nobody wants to get any cancer, but if you do, bladder cancer is one with a very high survival rate.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
I have a brother who recently battled bladder cancer for a couple of years. About 6-9 months ago he was given a completely clean bill of health after repeated treatments like the one outlined in the link. He will still have to go back for a checkup every 6 months, though not sure how long that is required. Apparently, bladder cancer treatment is very effective. Nobody wants to get any cancer, but if you do, bladder cancer is one with a very high survival rate.

My Dad fought it several years, and it kept coming back. He was finally clean and lived for two more years before his kidney gave out. The multiple (4) recurrences just wrecked his general health and ruined his remaining kidney. He refused dialysis and died two weeks after his kidney failed completely.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Almost shovel ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
Bladder cancer?

Yep. Diagnosed in the summer of 2008 along with prostate cancer. The prostate cancer was successfully treated with radioactive iodine seed implantation and external radiation beam therapy and my PSA's have been less than 0.5 ever since. Of course my prostate is now useless. I still have dreams but now they're all dry!

The bladder cancer has been a recurring problem requiring periodic removal of small non-invasive tumors before they become invasive and spread. I've had four "weed pulling" sessions since my problem was diagnosed. This most recent surgery was the worst pain wise because I waited too long to have the surgery performed after my last cysto in August of 2015, giving the little monsters time to grow.

Probable cause of my bladder cancer: 37 years of cigarette smoking. I should have quit when I was sixteen!