Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
I looked for the same information for a club I plan to fly with this Fall. I could not find anything, so I'll guess I'll just email them. I want to build an old 2-stage design that was an Estes plan -- the Augie II (DOM Plan #28). I built this as a kid, and loved the rocket. It is a "ducted" design. The "upper" stage is a BT-20, and the booster motor is contained within a larger BT-60 tube, but falls freely.

I suppose I could actually build a booster section that has fins, and held within the BT-60, if CHAD staging is not allowed.

Here is a picture of the first page of the old plan, on JimZ Plans. This would make a great upscale, too, for 24mm or 29mm BP motors.

At CRASH we fly two and three motor Comanches all the time. A member just flew a four motor, old school 1960's Astron Farside this spring. This winter I might try another five motor rack rocket.