Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Enthusiastic Newbee

Send a message via AIM to SMUAlien
Default RocketSim Problem/Question

Hello friends,

I am in the process of attempting to evaluate the RocketSim software. It seems great and if it works properly I'd like to purchase a copy. I installed the demo and it works fine on my office computer. The only problem is, I cannot do any sort of detailed design at work (I have to do my job ). I installed the version 9 demostration on my home computer and for some reason after the splash screen telling me I have a certain amount of days left, the program crashes. Vista64 ( yes I know) spits an error saying the application has stopped working. I have tried a version 8 demonstration and the exact same thing happened when i loaded that application. I have e-mailed Tim and not found any resolution, therefore I pose it to you all. Tim has been fast and friendly in all my conversations with him, but never even responds when I try to troubleshoot this problem with him. I would love to have this application working on my home computer. Do any of you have a similar issue? If you can, please assist. Respectfully,

-Richard
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUAlien
Hello friends,

I am in the process of attempting to evaluate the RocketSim software. It seems great and if it works properly I'd like to purchase a copy. I installed the demo and it works fine on my office computer. The only problem is, I cannot do any sort of detailed design at work (I have to do my job ). I installed the version 9 demostration on my home computer and for some reason after the splash screen telling me I have a certain amount of days left, the program crashes. Vista64 ( yes I know) spits an error saying the application has stopped working. I have tried a version 8 demonstration and the exact same thing happened when i loaded that application. I have e-mailed Tim and not found any resolution, therefore I pose it to you all. Tim has been fast and friendly in all my conversations with him, but never even responds when I try to troubleshoot this problem with him. I would love to have this application working on my home computer. Do any of you have a similar issue? If you can, please assist. Respectfully,

-Richard

I have the same problem. The engine design portion opens. I believe it works but have not tried it. When I try to open the rocket design part I get an error and it closes the program. I have emailed Tim and he put me in touch with Paul but so far no solution. So now Iam just waiting for an answer from them. I am running XP.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Trust me, it'll work!

Just dump Vista. Works fine on my XP...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Junior Rocketeer

To the original post, have you tried setting it so that it runs in an XP memory space? You can go into properties for the shortcut and select which version of windows you want it to run under. This might solve your issues.

I am interested as I want to run RockSim under Vista as well. It would be good to know if it will work prior to purchasing it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
I have the same problem. The engine design portion opens. I believe it works but have not tried it. When I try to open the rocket design part I get an error and it closes the program. I have emailed Tim and he put me in touch with Paul but so far no solution. So now Iam just waiting for an answer from them. I am running XP.

My problems have been cured. Paul at Apogee has managed to get my trial version running. Thank you Apogee
Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorPet
To the original post, have you tried setting it so that it runs in an XP memory space? You can go into properties for the shortcut and select which version of windows you want it to run under. This might solve your issues.

I am interested as I want to run RockSim under Vista as well. It would be good to know if it will work prior to purchasing it.

They have a free trial version. Try it before you buy it free for 30 days.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Don't know if this has been said here, but RockSim 9 runs at least as well under Windows 7 as it does under Vista. I'm seeing the same display wierdness, but it's not preventing RockSim from running.

The RC version of Windows 7 is fully functional, and is good through May 2010.

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Hi folks,

It seems that one of you, maybe more, have been able to solve the problem of Rocksim crashing on startup under Vista 64. Can you share what you did to fix it? I'm having the same issue on my machine here, and probably have about a week left on my 30 day trial.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecron
Hi folks,

It seems that one of you, maybe more, have been able to solve the problem of Rocksim crashing on startup under Vista 64. Can you share what you did to fix it? I'm having the same issue on my machine here, and probably have about a week left on my 30 day trial.

Thanks!

Hey,

Did you try contacting Apogee? They fixed my issues although not pertaining to vista.

Good Luck
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Junior Rocketeer

My son downloaded the demo and has been running it on Vista 64 without any issues. So it doesn't look like it is a straight Vista 64 issue.