Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Oops. The Ju-88 was the twin bomber. <slap head emoticon>

It's been a while since I've seen any episodes of Wings of the Luftwaffe.

However, the Germans did use it some early in the war as a dive bomber of sorts. Mainly because the Stukas were so easily shot down, and their numbers were thinning.

Now, back to rockets!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Dazed and Confused

Got the last video ready. This is the SEMROC Centurion flown on an A10-0T to B6-4. It was windy and the A10 struggled to haul the Centurion with the extra ounce of weight, but it got airborne. With the wind it arced over right at burnout. As you can see, it popped the chute about 10 ft above the tree it landed in. The only damage...an Estes dent on the lip of the body tube. In this case, it would have to be a SEMROC dent. I knew I would have a fight profile like this, but I wanted to get a staged flight on camera. If it had come down 10 ft to the west, it would have had a nice landing in the pasture.

I've slowed this one down to 1/2 speed because it was just too short a flight to enjoy at full speed. I rotated the image 180 degrees so that Kody and I would be standing upright in the video. The image quality is a little lower in this video because the only video editor I have that does 1/2 speed and keeps the audio in sync is Windows Movie Maker. It converted the AVI video to WMV, and then Photobucket converted to FLV when I uploaded. For still photos of either of the video launches, go back to the first three posts in the thread.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Trust me, it'll work!

Default November Launch

Thought I would add to this thread for a November launch! Since the farmer finally harvested and we could use the field...

Got to give the Ascendant and the Periwinkle their maiden launches! And, since not to many seem to be launching this time of year, I added photos.

The first Ascendant launch was on a C6-3 and went about 450 to 500 feet. The wind then carried it off and I started running. Out of shear luck, it floated about a block and landed in our back yard.

She was afraid to damage the Periwinkle so we went with a B6-4. With the late deployment, it came down about 50 feet from our launch area.

Our third launch of the day was the Ascendant on a B6-4. Nice thing about the slower lift off was I saw it didn't rotate at all. Being heavier than the Periwinkle, it ended up a little farther down field (about 100 feet).Wish I would have had better position on the camera though...

Ascendant

Periwinkle
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Maker of Shiny things

Default Image

I would take a full size copy of that saturn for my wall paper , it would inspire me
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjammer53150
I would take a full size copy of that saturn for my wall paper , it would inspire me

I'll need your email address. I can't attach files via PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Maker of Shiny things

Default 1b

jmackay@spsinet.com

Well the next step is to have my daughter cut out the fairing , she is good for stuff like that , and gluu up the chute holder , i just clear coated the top body tube , man this is a project and 1/2

Im some what confused on the painting of the black on the bottom , i pre painted the fuel tanks there al decaled already , but like i said pix of yours may inspire me .

So when i get my taxes back I think im gonna get a saturn V , Probally estes , cuz i want BIG unless anyone else has a better idea
Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjammer53150
jmackay@spsinet.com

Well the next step is to have my daughter cut out the fairing , she is good for stuff like that , and gluu up the chute holder , i just clear coated the top body tube , man this is a project and 1/2

Im some what confused on the painting of the black on the bottom , i pre painted the fuel tanks there al decaled already , but like i said pix of yours may inspire me .

So when i get my taxes back I think im gonna get a saturn V , Probally estes , cuz i want BIG unless anyone else has a better idea

Wallpaper image sent. 2251 x 1215. It's a little larger than my screen resolution of 1920 x 1080, but set "centered" the model goes pretty much corner to corner.