Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTU
Semroc last night changed their front page at

http://www.semroc.com

They have the SpacePlane, Batroc, Recruiter and Snipe Hunter listed as new kits today.

Semroc is now shipping to customers, get to http://www.semroc.com to get your low numbers first.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:14 PM
When only stupid will do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I was amazed when they just walked into the Old Rocketeers Open Forum on Saturday like they were just a couple oldies like the rest of us. Nice people and they give a great presentation. Anyone want to try to get the Centuri people to show up next year? (Not you, Jay. Sounds like we'll be lucky to pry you out of your room.)

I totally agree, they were amazingly warm and generous and modest and were bewildered by the standing ovation they got when they were given plaques during Friday's opening ceremony. They don't realize the esteem they are held in by so many. I was astounded to be in their presence.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
I was amazed when they just walked into the Old Rocketeers Open Forum on Saturday like they were just a couple oldies like the rest of us. Nice people and they give a great presentation. Anyone want to try to get the Centuri people to show up next year? (Not you, Jay. Sounds like we'll be lucky to pry you out of your room.)
Bwah ha ha! I've been married 14 years this summer, so it'll be a lot easier than, say, 13 years ago.

Say, how was the weather in Wisconsin this year in March? How is it typically? (...What, with those winds right out of Canada, and very little to stop them.)

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
Bwah ha ha! I've been married 14 years this summer, so it'll be a lot easier than, say, 13 years ago.

Say, how was the weather in Wisconsin this year in March? How is it typically? (...What, with those winds right out of Canada, and very little to stop them.)

Cheers,

--Jay

Oh, yeah, like you get out of town without the kids ALL the time. I'll have been married 16 years this summer and I still look forward to Maria's cousins getting married, only because they pick such far-off places such as Niagra Falls, New Jersey and Atlanta to get married in. And they have the courtesy to plan the weddings during the school year.

Scott and I drove back to the hotel on Friday night in some of the worst weather I've ever driven in. The snow was like styrofoam shavings and it was almost like the car was being shot-peened. Add to that the layer of ice underneath and it made for an interesting trip, but we made it without incident. By the next morning it was sunny and brisk, but with none of the drama of the previous night.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Question Carl, Sheryl, and Bruce McLawhorn: The SEMROC Crew

Quote:
Oh, yeah, like you get out of town without the kids ALL the time.
(Latka [Andy Kauffman on "Taxi"] voice) "What is it mean -- 'get out of town?'"

So, did you finally hook up with Carl and Co. in person, since you didn't get to last year?

--Jay
Old 03-20-2005, 08:30 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
(Latka [Andy Kauffman on "Taxi"] voice) "What is it mean -- 'get out of town?'"

So, did you finally hook up with Carl and Co. in person, since you didn't get to last year?

--Jay

Shook his hand and everything, just like momma taught me. I just opened the Space Plane for the "project of the week between wash loads".