Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

I have the plans, fin pattern, and the original Decals for The Bat. If some of you would like to clone it I can send a copy to YORS in the near future. But the scan of the decal will not look to good for the decal is White and it will have to be scanned in dark to show up.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley Davis
I have the plans, fin pattern, and the original Decals for The Bat. If some of you would like to clone it I can send a copy to YORS in the near future. But the scan of the decal will not look to good for the decal is White and it will have to be scanned in dark to show up.

Hey Arley....I'd like to give it a shot....Rocket doesn't look like much but the decals are pretty unique. Do you think Phred might be able to do the decals? You got my e-mail if you'd like to send the plans....

Don
NAR 53455
Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

If he whants to I can send him a copy of the decals, for thay are all in white.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:08 PM
GET GOONY!!

Sure... I would appreciate a copy.

Try scanning with the contract turned up... fiddle aroujnd with your scanner settings. Sometimes this works.

GET GOONY!!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
Sure... I would appreciate a copy.

Try scanning with the contract turned up... fiddle aroujnd with your scanner settings. Sometimes this works.

Arley,

Hold off on your scan. Kurt Schachner has had my open The Bat kit for over a year now. I just reminded him about it today. He's going to scan everything and do the decals. Kurt does an EXCELLENT job in decal cleanup. Both JimZ and Tango Papa use many of Kurt's decal scans for the decals they make/sell. If anyone can do the white decals right, it's Kurt. He told me he'd get it done this weekend. When I get them from him I'll put a link to the zip file here for people to download them. It'll be awhile before they show up on YORP.

Some of you old timers might remember back around '97 or '98 when Kurt did that big group order of tubes for a replica Estes 1/70th 1b. He also redrew the decals for that kit and had them silk-screened. WAY better than the originals.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I have an opened kit of The Bat. Kurt Schachner has it since he wanted to scan it in for me. That was a year or two ago. I'll give him a nudge, nudge, wink, wink to see if I can get my kit back along with the scans.

Heh, who me have something of yours for a couple of years?

I plead guilty. I have everything including the decals. You can print them out on an Alps printer or get Tom Prestia to do it for you. They come out nice.

I'll get the stuff to Scott this weekend plus all the scans and stuff I did of the Centuri Saturn V I got. There is data in there that helps a great deal if you build the Estes reissue. Some of the stuff in the Estes instructions is wrong.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
Heh, who me have something of yours for a couple of years?

I plead guilty. I have everything including the decals. You can print them out on an Alps printer or get Tom Prestia to do it for you. They come out nice.

I'll get the stuff to Scott this weekend plus all the scans and stuff I did of the Centuri Saturn V I got. There is data in there that helps a great deal if you build the Estes reissue. Some of the stuff in the Estes instructions is wrong.

Heh, what was that last kit of mine you had growing mold over there? I think it was an Alien Explorer or Andromeda, wasn't it? I got the kit back, but I don't think you sent me the scans from that one yet. Could you send those scans over as well?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Master Modeler

OK, I sent the Bat stuff over to Scott so when he gets around to it, he'll make it available.

There are scans of the instructions, fin and decal, plus vector line art of the fin and of the decal.

The decal was scanned at very high contrast and most of the specks and other artifacts removed. Then I inverted it in Photoshop so the image is black. It WILL print to an Alps printer just fine, I have done it. The Illustrator vector artwork I saved as a PDF and you could print that just the same.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:27 AM
German Model Rocket Builder

Unhappy

AAhhh... The BAT

one of my most frustrating kits I have in my possession.

Built in the mid 80's and still not quiet finished.

While applying the center decal piece it disintigrated and became unusable. I still have the 2 wing sections.
Ever since then I've been looking for a replacement. No luck
Never thought The Bat would be so rare to find.

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino
Old 09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtschachner
OK, I sent the Bat stuff over to Scott so when he gets around to it, he'll make it available.

Scott....you mind e-mailing the decals to Phred? I've got an order on hold until he can make the Bat decals for me. Thanks.

Don
NAR 53455