Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT STICKERSHOCK23 Changes

Well ladies and Gentalmen. its been almost 5 years stickershock has been running Great and I have EVERYONE here at TRF and YE OLD ROCKETRY to thanks for that..

BUT I have some kinda sad news.... Now don't worry yet.

Up till now I have been working part time and stickershock the rest of the time. and this has done ok. BUT I have been offered a REALLY nice job in my normal trade (I am an electrician) making really good money.

At this point in my life I feel I have to cut stickershock back a bit and take this opportunity while I can. Bad news is its at LEAST 40 hrs a week.

So what does this mean for stickershock???

Here is what I see happening.. FIRST I wont be able to fill orders daily.. that is for sure.. For now I plan on filling orders on the weekends.. we will see if I can squeeze more in there during the week but DO NOT COUNT ON IT..

The website will stay the same BUT again I will probably only fill orders on the weekend. so if you need something in a rush PLEASE Plan WELL AHEAD. I'm sorry but I just wont be able to rush things out as I used to..

CUSTOM WORK.. up till now custom orders were a good part of the jobs coming in.. and I had the time to just sit around and design things up.. I almost NEVER charged for my time to design for you.. That is going to have to change..

Things like custom lettering no problem still no charge.. Simple Hey I need flames for this rocket.. no charge. but if it starts to get to the point where I need to sit down and really work at it I will tell you before I start and give you a rate to do the designing for you.. sorry that just has to be the way it is... remember ANY other sign,graphics place will do the same.. you take time to draw something up you get charged for the designers time and talent..

For now I am not sure what I am going to charge for design time, but I will tell EVERYONE before I start what that will be.

E-Mails.. I will try to answer e-mails as often as I can.. hopefully daily.. but NO PROMISES..

I am so sorry I have to make this change... I thought about it LONG AND HARD before I accepted this job.. BUT I think as a community we can make this work.. I still promise to make the BEST quality decals for your rockets. and I will do my best to ship them out in a timely manner.. I promise to give the same great service Stickershock has always provided and keep making your rockets exactly what you want them to be!

I start early next week, so if you need something in a hurry PLEASE get to me in the next couple days. I will get it out ASAP!

lastly... I am in the process of changing shipping options on the website.. til now Priority shipping has been the norm but I am going to add an additions first class option. this will save a few dollars and help make it so you are not paying priority for something has to sit on my desk before it is ready to ship!

Thank you again for all the support over the years. I could not have done this without this great community!

Heres to many more years of Stickershock and "never flying naked"

any questions or problems please shoot me an e-mail I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP..

Last edited by stickershock23 : 08-11-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickershock23
Well ladies and Gentalmen. its been almost 5 years stickershock has been running Great and I have EVERYONE here at TRF to thanks for that..

Good luck with the new gig, but you have been working too hard - this is not TRF...

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

ha ha ha copy and paste got me.. Not to make change the "names"

all fixed!
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Old Fart with Rockets

Congrats on the new job. We all need $ to keep up our bad habits. Like eating, sleeping indoors, buying rockets, motors and decals.

NAR 31689
Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemech
Congrats on the new job. We all need $ to keep up our bad habits. Like eating, sleeping indoors, buying rockets, motors and decals.

thats for sure.. YIKES!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Master Modeler

Congrats on the new job and good luck! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine!