Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Master Modeler

Default European Rocketry

What is going on in model rocketry with our counterparts in Europe ?

Who are the motor manufactures?

What clubs do they have?

Do they have any organization as we do with the NAR?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Wasted away again.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
What is going on in model rocketry with our counterparts in Europe ?

Who are the motor manufactures?

What clubs do they have?

Do they have any organization as we do with the NAR?

Well, there is a nice website at http://www.europerocketry.com/
and better yet, it's in english!!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Master Modeler

I have visited that site, tried to sign up for that sight and then after signing up tried several times to access the info and the site kept telling me to sign in again???
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Old 12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Master Modeler

Thanks Jerry
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Member Gus attended and when Mary handed out the catalogs the Russian competitors were really impressed.

Russia, now THAT is a big market for Estes!

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
rocket dinosaur

Smile

rocketry in western vs eastern europe is two different things. In western Europe primarily Germany, The Netherlands and Switzerland, Estes has a presence as does High power via Tripoli.

In Eastern Europe it's a different case; Estes products are available at several online hobby shops. They are relatively expensive compared to some of the homegrown products. VYMOPO used to make model rocket size engines for the FAI crowd in the Slovak Republic. This was essentially a kitchen table top enterprise and one of the principals died while the other just got too old to do it anymore so they have been out of business for at least a couple years.

ZVS DUBNICA a.s. also a Slovak company makes model rocket size engines like an A3-4,A3-6, B2-x,etc I assume these are Black Powder. You can find these on several Czech/Slovak online hobby stores.

PECKA manufactures kits in the former Czech/Slovak republics.

Also in the Czech Republic Dr. Jan Sigmund manufactures the Rapiers and some other small AB size model rocket engines.

In the Czech republic the Delta was a popular FAI brand name.

I've seen several online Polish hobby stores that sell homegrown kits and engines.

The Russian model rocket scene engines are made in the Ukranie called MRD (actually MPD but MRD is a transliteration).

In Serbia a brand of engine known as the Ultra is produced. Most of the East European motors are for FAI competition purposes, hand manufactured in batches of the various FAI contest flown there are a regular basis. They don't really have a "sport" market like we do although FAI competition is their sport market.

MOst of the FAI engines are made by people who were former military or military/industrial complex types......work for ordnance and explosives companies, hence their access to propellants....

HTH

Terry Dean
Old 12-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

If Estes could export to a european distributor who was literate in hazmat, import/export among EU countries and model rocketry, they could add considerable incremental business. The laws are actually pretty friendly toward consumers and even hazmat as compared to the USA. Estes has a worldwide lock on mass produced consumer rocket motors. They should spread the good news.

Passing out catalogs to contestants at the WSMC clearly does not count.

Jerry

Last edited by Jerry Irvine : 12-30-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
rocketry in western vs eastern europe is two different things. In western Europe primarily Germany, The Netherlands and Switzerland, Estes has a presence as does High power via Tripoli.

In Eastern Europe it's a different case; Estes products are available at several online hobby shops. They are relatively expensive compared to some of the homegrown products. VYMOPO used to make model rocket size engines for the FAI crowd in the Slovak Republic. This was essentially a kitchen table top enterprise and one of the principals died while the other just got too old to do it anymore so they have been out of business for at least a couple years.

ZVS DUBNICA a.s. also a Slovak company makes model rocket size engines like an A3-4,A3-6, B2-x,etc I assume these are Black Powder. You can find these on several Czech/Slovak online hobby stores.

PECKA manufactures kits in the former Czech/Slovak republics.

Also in the Czech Republic Dr. Jan Sigmund manufactures the Rapiers and some other small AB size model rocket engines.

In the Czech republic the Delta was a popular FAI brand name.

I've seen several online Polish hobby stores that sell homegrown kits and engines.

The Russian model rocket scene engines are made in the Ukranie called MRD (actually MPD but MRD is a transliteration).

In Serbia a brand of engine known as the Ultra is produced. Most of the East European motors are for FAI competition purposes, hand manufactured in batches of the various FAI contest flown there are a regular basis. They don't really have a "sport" market like we do although FAI competition is their sport market.

MOst of the FAI engines are made by people who were former military or military/industrial complex types......work for ordnance and explosives companies, hence their access to propellants....

HTH

Terry Dean

Terry

Would you have links to these sites?
Thanks

RD
Old 12-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
If Estes could export to a european distributor who was literate in hazmat, import/export among EU countries and model rocketry, they could add considerable incremental business. The laws are actually pretty friendly toward consumers and even hazmat as compared to the USA. Estes has a worldwide lock on mass produced consumer rocket motors. They should spread the good news.

Passing out catalogs to contestants at the WSMC clearly does not count.

Jerry

Jerry
In your opinion, is there a market for rocketry items in europe? Kits, parts, motors?
What about organizations such as our NAR?
Why don't we hear about their rocketry program in the USA?
Thanks

RD