Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > RockSim Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 AM
Low Tech Rocket Dude

Default Another template printing problem

I am trying to print out a centering ring template in rocksim 7 with a cluster of four outside 18mm motor tubes and one central 24mm motor tube in a BT-101 body tube. I can get it to only print out the center hole cutout and not the four outer holes. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible in RS7?
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Master Modeler

For my K-36 build, I had the centering rings made for me by BMS. You can tell Bill how you
want the ring(s) configured and he'll do it for you. Only problem (on mine) is I had the four
18 mm holes a bit too close to the 24 mm center hole, but it's not that big of a deal.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Low Tech Rocket Dude

Thanks, I went ahead and just did it manually last night. If I might ask, how far off of the edge of the template was the outboard motors placed? and what are your reccomendations for what it should be? I placed mine at 9/16th's on on center. I felt yours looked a little cramped so I moved mine out some based on the visual reference.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1975
Thanks, I went ahead and just did it manually last night. If I might ask, how far off of the edge of the template was the outboard motors placed? and what are your reccomendations for what it should be? I placed mine at 9/16th's on on center. I felt yours looked a little cramped so I moved mine out some based on the visual reference.

Yes, mine is a little cramped, so I would say the outboards should be moved away from the
center by another 1/4". When I placed the centering ring order to BMS, I neglected to consider the proximity of the F1 (plastic) nozzles to the central 24 mm. Guess that should
I be able to do this project again (with either or both the Estes or SEMROC Saturn - V, I can
correct this issue easily -- that's called learning from your mistakes ).
Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Low Tech Rocket Dude

I have almost 1/4" from the edge of the motor tube to the edge of the centering ring. The nozzle is setting at 1/4 inch from the center motor if the nozzle is installed straight. if I make the center motor protrude slightly past the nozzles do you think it would help them to survive any? Or should I just make them all level, nozzles, motors, and all? Or should I creep out another 1/8 inch on the centering rings? I am making them out of the original centering rings, but adding balsa to them all for extra strength.