Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Dazed and Confused

I've got several Ace 4" nosecones, bottle cap bases and all. They are all on my retired HPR rockets.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:43 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
Two years ago I lost the Ace cone of my 4" Cluster R Standard Arm. I did an extensive search on-line for a replacement and came up empty. (I did get it back at the next launch when someone found it.) For what it's worth, pre-Estes NCR also used Ace 4" cones, I have one on a Quasar NG, so maybe Matt Steele knows who was making them last.

Never had any NCR with Ace cones, my original Phantom 4000 HD had a foam cone, wish I had the cone ( lost in a Zelienople tree ) .

As for the Quasar, I'd be interested in plans for that if you have them / patterns.... for my historical database.

Any other NCR plans ?
Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

Why a bottle cap base? A place to store the hootch?

- Rich
Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by raohara
Why a bottle cap base? A place to store the hootch?

- Rich

It's the way the plastic was shaped before being blow molded into a nosecone. Have you ever seen a 2 liter coke bottle before it is blow molded?

Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 PM
SSRS Alumni (No, the other SSRS)

No, never seen the pop bottle picture before. Thanks.

- Rich
Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Flying since 1977

My NCR Phantom 4000 (pre-Estes) and THOY Falcon both have Ace 4.0" inch nose cones. Nice and lightweight pieces.

Mike Toelle

NAR 31692 L1

SAM 0373
Old 12-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Dazed and Confused

Here's a 4" Ace nosecone for those of you who aren't familiar. They are nice and light weight, but that also means that they will bend easily and chip paint unless filled with two part foam. (Spray can foam never completely cures and will ruin your projects.)

Old 01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Never had any NCR with Ace cones, my original Phantom 4000 HD had a foam cone, wish I had the cone ( lost in a Zelienople tree ) .

As for the Quasar, I'd be interested in plans for that if you have them / patterns.... for my historical database.

Any other NCR plans ?

I was wondering if you were interested in NCR-the Quasar was produced later than the kits and companies you put in your old HPR thread. I don't have access to a scanner right now, but I can try to get to one in a few weeks to get the Quasar out there. It has nice decals that are on the built rocket so I will try to get a picture. I agree there should be an archive of older OOP HPR. I have an NCR corporal with a foam nose cone, and a Shuttle Magellan with the foam nose. Those are 1.88" diameter rockets.

Are you interested in THOY or Cluster R?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:49 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x7
I was wondering if you were interested in NCR-the Quasar was produced later than the kits and companies you put in your old HPR thread. I don't have access to a scanner right now, but I can try to get to one in a few weeks to get the Quasar out there. It has nice decals that are on the built rocket so I will try to get a picture. I agree there should be an archive of older OOP HPR. I have an NCR corporal with a foam nose cone, and a Shuttle Magellan with the foam nose. Those are 1.88" diameter rockets.

Are you interested in THOY or Cluster R?

Definately interested in newer items as well ( just focusing on the true 'first HPR' more so ) .

Issue with NCR is the rights and legalities of posting, as I understand - ( Owners not wanting it posted online ? ) . but definately interested in anything you can share man to man ( and would share as asked ) - the Corporal would be nice, I have one of those foam cones with no home currently, might be neat to use the lil orphan on something.

Some Thoy is posted on YORP, you'd have to check, but certainly interested in any not posted ( check EMRR, too, since some of the rocsim files are there , I believe).. what ones you have ?

Cluster R I would certainly liek to see what you have, I have a builtup Sandhawk ( 2.6" ) , and a 7" cone - would love to clone a Skyraider or Standard Arm , sure others might pick up on these, too

Thanks for the offers.

~ AL
Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
the Corporal would be nice, I have one of those foam cones with no home currently
Post a friggin' picture.

Jerry