Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Master Modeler

Default Centuri Magnum Jayhawk

Does anyone have on of these kits? I need the body tube lengths. There's one for sale on ebay and I asked the owner to measure them for me. He says they are both 9" long. Trouble is that in the photo, the tubes are clearly different lengths and the product number in the instructions is the later Centuri part number system that isn't simple to interpret. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Master Modeler

Never mind. Found it myself.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:16 AM
Lifelong Rocket Scientist

So just curious what size were they when you got the rocket
Old 02-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Master Modeler

They were both 9 inches exactly. One of the tubes had a paper shroud rolled up in it and looked like it was two inches longer. That's what a slightly blurry picture will do.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Avid Builder

Cool

If you're planning to clone this from the plans at Ye Olde Rocket Plans, you might be interested in the parts list here:

http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts...arts.asp?ID=469

Semroc parts are available at erockets, haven't checked if they have all the ones you need. You can do the legwork. Also, the template scans don't have an inch scale. Looks like some print out too large, and some are way too small, especially the wings. You may need to print out on 11 x 14" paper. And experiment with up/down scaling to get the correct sizes. Let us know how it turns out, maybe some pictures of the build. Have fun.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Master Modeler

I have a kit. I will open it and make the necessary scans and share them (with a ruler) . I would ordinarily not open skit but this one has out of round tubes and isn't in the best condition. This model is easily replicated with available parts. The Estes one is much harder since it uses a special nose cone and odd-sized main tube.