Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2016, 10:40 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Jolly Logic Chute Release and Water

So I was flying at Bong last weekend and trying out a new Chute Release. Worked like a charm until the rocket landed in one of the water hazards.

When I got to it, it was pretty wet. I pulled the battery and then let it dry out for a few days. Unfortunately after that it would charge and power up but the buttons were completely unresponsive. This made me think there was fluid or residue trapped inside the buttons shorting them out.

I pulled it apart again and doused it in electronic contact cleaner and worked the buttons several times to try and get the fluid worked inside the buttons. After the cleaner dried I repeated a couple of times, and once it was fully dried I powered it up.

It seems to be working well now. I heard there was another flyer at the launch that had his Chute Release get dunked - I'd be interested in hearing how that worked out for him if anyone knows.

I really like this product - works in smaller rockets and makes dual deploy so easy.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Put in the 200 degree F oven for 10 min.