Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Lost in the Sky

Default EST 2048 SATURN 1B,K-52P ASTRON OMEGA,1372 ALIEN EXP,C X-24 BUG--EBAY Ending 07-26-10

Olde Rocket Fans,

I have listed the following rare olde rocket kits on EBay with their auctions ending Monday July 26, 2010:

Estes 2048 SATURN 1B
Estes K-52P ASTRON OMEGA
Estes 1338 SPACE TRANSPORTER AMERICA
Estes 1372 ALIEN EXPLORER
Centuri KA-12 X-24 "Bug"
PSST Double 50 Jetex Motor

You can get to these listings and the current list of everything I have listed at any time by clicking on this link:

http://shop.ebay.com/mountbatten5/m...=&_trksid=p4340

Also, you can go to the Scrolling Gallery at the bottom of the page on each listing.

These auctions are for US bidders only. Shipping costs to destinations outside the US are several orders of magnitude more and no one who asked was willing to pay that much.

If you live outside the US and have to ask how much the shipping is, you cannot afford it. Please stop asking for foreign shipping quotes.

Good Hunting,

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  391084104_o[1].jpg
Views: 69
Size:  80.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  391084249_o[1].jpg
Views: 62
Size:  115.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  391083499_o[1].jpg
Views: 63
Size:  132.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  391083759_o[1].jpg
Views: 68
Size:  107.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  391083245_o[1].jpg
Views: 69
Size:  134.9 KB  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Lost in the Sky

PSST Double 50 Jetex Motor
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  364774322_o[1].jpg
Views: 59
Size:  62.7 KB  
Old 07-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Master of the Universe

I might have to take that Satan off your hands, maybe even that old Scientific! I've built every 1/2A Carl Goldberg kit and some Top Flite Combat Kittens-I have a Cox PT-19 and J3 Cub NIB just to have some C/L stuff.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Old BAR

Yes, When I was 10 (1970), we fired our rockets at the local high school field, depending on the wind and what motors we had. Spent a large part of the day there.
Next day (or close to that), we would fly C/L planes. Of course, the Cox ones were all we had. I flew/had a Pt-19 first, then a P-40, F4U Corsair, Ju-87 Stuka, and a P-51D. The last one I had was a Testors Cosmic Wind, which flew really well.
Then, I discovered building! And REAL C/L flying! Built a Sterling Fokker DR-1, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever built! Then discovered the Ringmasters. What a fun plane those were!
We killed many an afternoon this way. It always makes me smile to remember!
Still have the PT-19, P-40, and the Cosmic wind. Just won a Corsair. Looking for a nice Stuka.
Have you seen what they go for on Ebay these days?! Wow!
Allen
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Lost in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee
I might have to take that Satan off your hands, maybe even that old Scientific! I've built every 1/2A Carl Goldberg kit and some Top Flite Combat Kittens-I have a Cox PT-19 and J3 Cub NIB just to have some C/L stuff.

Rustee and anyone else interedted in Control Line,

I suggest you put me on your Saved Sellers List and keep an eye on my future auctions. I have a bunch of C/L stuff that I will be listing soon. I have a number of the Scientific 1/2A scale control liners like the Snark and Stuka and others. Others I have are Enterprise, Berkeley, Darwin, and Jetco. I recently sold a monoline control handle and still have some of the monoline control systems. Here is a teaser picture of something I bet you haven't seen.

Richard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  DSC_0184.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  147.8 KB  
Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Lost in the Sky

These auctions wrap up Monday evening.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard N
These auctions are for US bidders only. Shipping costs to destinations outside the US are several orders of magnitude more and no one who asked was willing to pay that much.

If you live outside the US and have to ask how much the shipping is, you cannot afford it. Please stop asking for foreign shipping quotes.

FWIW - I auctioned a 1/72 Monogram plastic model shuttle kit, with ET and SRB's, in late March, in a really big box.

One of the potential bidders was from Italy, and asked me what it would cost to ship to him. I looked it up (via USPS website) and told him it would cost $50 by Priority Mail, for box that big and heavy. He said that was OK, and he was the top bidder who won the kit.

Without him as a bidder, the kit would have gone for a lot less, to the #2 bidder.

- George Gassaway
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer

Last edited by georgegassaway : 07-25-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Lost in the Sky

George,

While that worked well for you in that case, I've been listing as many as 25 items at a time and gotten a bunch of requests for shipping quotes and the reply from every one of those was that they thought the shipping was more than they wanted to pay. You were lucky that you were dealing with a serious buyer instead of a tire kicker.

I have done a few shipments outside the US and they have just been a lot more work than the US orders and their small numbers do not justify the extra effort.

Although I do not plan to be doing foriegn orders anytime soon, here are a couple of things that foriegn bidders should know about trying to bid on auctions that do not include their "Ships To" location:

If your shipping address is outside the "Ships To" areas specified in the listing, your bids will be rejected.

Once an auction has a bid on it, the seller cannot change the listing to allow bids from areas outside the Ships To areas originally specified. I have received a lot of requests from overseas bidders to change the listing to allow them in. This can only be done if there have not been any bids on the listing. After there is one bid, the seller cannot change the listing.

Richard