Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Craftsman

Default Got my Sprint parts!

Cant wait to start puttin er together!....MAN! Semroc is an absolutly AWESOME company to work with! Goin to my first launch in 25 years this Saturday with my G-kids...I hope some of my old stuff will stay together!! If not, ill just build more!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gibson
Cant wait to start puttin er together!....MAN! Semroc is an absolutly AWESOME company to work with! Goin to my first launch in 25 years this Saturday with my G-kids...I hope some of my old stuff will stay together!! If not, ill just build more!

Your decals and tail shrouds will ship in about an hour!

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
Your decals and tail shrouds will ship in about an hour!

YOU DA MAN!! Gordy, i found an old Estes Mercury Redstone kit down in my basement and i dont know what shape the decals are in ....do you carry these in case mine are junk? Its just CRAZY how much fun im havin AGAIN with model rocketry! Thanks, Bill
Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
YOU DA MAN!! Gordy, i found an old Estes Mercury Redstone kit down in my basement and i dont know what shape the decals are in ....do you carry these in case mine are junk? Its just CRAZY how much fun im havin AGAIN with model rocketry! Thanks, Bill

I sure do!

Now note that there are two different kits of the Mercury Redstone from Estes.

Kit #K-41 has a BT60 main body and kit # 1921 has a 2.03" main body.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Glad to have you back launching rockets again. Semroc is awesome!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Old BAR

Quote:

I remember that feeling exactly! Enjoy it! It quickly becomes a fever of immense proportions, especially when you see all the incredible offerings out there now.
I turn 50 soon, so the adage, 'so many rockets, so little time' seems to have a little more poignancy now.
Allen
Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I sure do!

Now note that there are two different kits of the Mercury Redstone from Estes.

Kit #K-41 has a BT60 main body and kit # 1921 has a 2.03" main body.

Actually three. If he has a #2167, he should order replacements immediately since those peel and stickers were junk right from the factory.

Bill
Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Craftsman

Chrism, Thank you for the welcome back! Allen, as a 50 something myself......i hope to build as many rockets as i can till i drop DEAD! I had mentioned in another post that after 30 years of building/racing r/c hydros and still active in it....im just getting so much enjoyment out of building rockets again...and im AMAZED at the resources that are out there, and the number of nice people that are involved in the hobby.....its a nice change for me in that though i love compitition and racing, im looking so forward to just hangin out with my G-kids and other folks at a big field, just launchin rockets and talkin rockets...nothing competitive, just havin fun enjoyin the hobby!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Actually three. If he has a #2167, he should order replacements immediately since those peel and stickers were junk right from the factory.

Bill

Three different kits but only 2 different decals.

#1921 and #2167 take the same decals sets from me.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Craftsman

Quote:

Bill, I look forward to meeting you at TTRA this Saturday. Too bad I cannot fly anything larger than an E motor at this time, but as you'll see, it'll still be worth it.

Should be a fun time if the wind/rain stays lower than last month